• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtacker semi aggressive vs aggressive on 2021

I have a 21 SRX with aggressive snow trackers and they work great , I did not like the new Skis till I put these on , I have always run Pilot Skis with Semi snow trackers until this year
Good to hear. Do you find the skis lay flat ?? thanks.

Yes they layed flat , just like power steering, it was very hard before . They are a little twitchy on rough lake ice .

Yes they layed flat , just like power steering, it was very hard before . They are a little twitchy on rough lake ice .
Can you post a picture of your sled/ski with the trackers on, would love to see how the ski lays to the ground.

Here is a pic of my sled on a hard surface, I don't have any on the garage floor as its always on dolly's. I did have a pic of the underside.

Attachments

• LTX PIC 1.jpg
    LTX PIC 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 149
  • SKI pic 1.jpg
    SKI pic 1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 156
KnappAttack which doo skis do you use?
He has 5.7 ski doo pilot skis. I have semi’s on Curve skis and absolutely love them. Was thinking of going to the aggressives but now you guys have me questioning that decision. Checked mine out yesterday and my skis are flat as a pancake!

He has 5.7 ski doo pilot skis. I have semi’s on Curve skis and absolutely love them. Was thinking of going to the aggressives but now you guys have me questioning that decision. Checked mine out yesterday and my skis are flat as a pancake!

Me Too I ordered the aggressives last week for my 21 kinda questioning it now but im gonna see how they look when I get them

I think you’ll be fine with the the aggressive trackers if you decide to go with them, Iike you said the curves sit even to the ground, the issue is with the cat skis and how they angle up towards the front.

KnappAttack which doo skis do you use?

5.7 Race skis. They are single keel skis and not the typical twin keel trail ski. Single keels are better for loose snow.

I ran aggressive snow trackers on my 2012 apex for 10,000 km and they worked great. I figured I would try them on my 2021 srx. In most hard pack conditions they were fine very light steering. In a few looser snow conditions they would all of a sudden push very bad and I lost confidence in them. Made for a few close encounters. I tried woodys slim jims and found they still had to much push for my liking. I took them off and went to a larger offset carbide (8") Definitely more steering effort but with the max shim in the rear of the ski I had unbelievable loose snow handling. I put less shim in for hard snow conditions. Maybe shimming with the snow trackers would help not sure, just didn't like the push in the loose snow. If your not riding hard it may not be an issue.

I went with a single deep keel ski on my 18 with aggressive snowtrackers. Just like power steering once set up. The Yammi mountain Ski I used, is similar to the new Yami ski, but wider. I've had good results with similar set ups over the past 11 years with the snowtrackers, on 4 different Yamaha's.

Anyone using Bergstroms? Wonder if they are dart free like trackers?

I had bergstroms triple points shimmed with no darting on curves and swithched to slim jims for lighter steering. Still no darting with slim jims but lost some precision in steering.

I know that this is an old thread, but I have spring ordered a new Sidewinder GT EPS for my wife. I am a huge fan of Snow Trackers in general, and have used them on our Vector, on a Viper and Sidewinder with Cat skis, and on a Sidewinder with the Tuner skis. In every instance, they have outperformed any other carbide setup I could come up with. I have always found the semi-aggressive to be adequate for the way we ride.

My question is whether anyone has actual experience running the semi-aggressive Snow Trackers on the Stryke ski? Also, I have read that while the Stryke skis have the same bolt pattern as Cat skis, the Trackers for Cat skis would not fit because the bolts were not long enough? Does anyone know Trackers' part number for the semi-aggressive carbides that will fit the Stryke ski?

Thanks in advance all!

I know that this is an old thread, but I have spring ordered a new Sidewinder GT EPS for my wife. I am a huge fan of Snow Trackers in general, and have used them on our Vector, on a Viper and Sidewinder with Cat skis, and on a Sidewinder with the Tuner skis. In every instance, they have outperformed any other carbide setup I could come up with. I have always found the semi-aggressive to be adequate for the way we ride.

My question is whether anyone has actual experience running the semi-aggressive Snow Trackers on the Stryke ski? Also, I have read that while the Stryke skis have the same bolt pattern as Cat skis, the Trackers for Cat skis would not fit because the bolts were not long enough? Does anyone know Trackers' part number for the semi-aggressive carbides that will fit the Stryke ski?

Thanks in advance all!
I have semi aggressive in stock for the stryke ski.

The stud pattern is the same but the stryke ski requires longer studs as you mentioned.

I ran the semi on my 21 stryke skis last year and they worked great as I expected.

Back