• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Had my sled flashed in november haven't touched it since went out and started it first try fired right up -10c outside idles smooth.

Well we now have about 170 riding miles after the reflash. Our riding area is starting to develop a base that is providing decent traction in many areas. I reported that I was banging the rev limiter pretty hard but now that a base is setting up I now seldom hit the rev limiter but I am now starting to lift the ski's when traction is available. Actually got a about 3-4 inches of lift a couple of times today on a brief 40 mile ride. That's a first on my sled. And yes my wife's is still better at lifting ski's than mine but I'm hPpy with the improvement, loving it!

It sure is good to hear that someone else has seen a similar result. One interesting thing in my area, almost as many Sidewinders out and about this weekend as Vipers. Everyone I talk to is excited about their performance!

How many miles do you have on your sled? My dealer told me that it takes a good 300 miles before they really start to wake up.

How many miles do you have on your sled? My dealer told me that it takes a good 300 miles before they really start to wake up.
3,450 Miles and I would say that on the 2014's that I was feeling a noticeable increase until 500-600 miles!

I changed my ZR 7000 2014 for a left over ZR 7000 2016 in november. ECU flashed before delivery. Take 2 attemps to start in the garage, but started it first tried at -17C°...and all day long. Very happy instead my 2014 with the second update.
Major problem is now with the speedo and odometer. 20% over of the real! 66km/h speedo = 80km/h real (gps). first ride: 202km odo, but real 239km gps.
Most of Viper flashed in Quebec (Canada) (sorry for my english :) ) seem to have this problem after reflashed.

Major problem is now with the speedo and odometer. 20% over of the real! 66km/h speedo = 80km/h real (gps). first ride: 202km odo, but real 239km gps.
Most of Viper flashed in Quebec (Canada) (sorry for my english :) ) seem to have this problem after reflashed.

Hmm.....I may have this issue on my Cat, I was out the other day and cranked her up on a icy road and only saw around 80mph before I had to let off. I got home and the gps said top speed was 154kph or 95.6mph....wierd! I have not heard this one before.

Hmm.....I may have this issue on my Cat, I was out the other day and cranked her up on a icy road and only saw around 80mph before I had to let off. I got home and the gps said top speed was 154kph or 95.6mph....wierd! I have not heard this one before.
Keep an eye on this...I rode a ltx turbo that just got flashed and wondered why it topped out at 82 mph even though it felt like I was going way faster than that! And my sled went from a mid 90's mph sled to mid 80's after the reflash even though it still feels like it's running the same!

Whatever the deal is they sure have made of mess of the tune on these Vipers. Can you imagine if your truck or car took 2 tries to start or sometimes didn't start or kicked back and broke the starter or if you got it flashed for the 3rd time and now the speedo is off. It would be a national news story with lawsuits up the wazoo. I don't know what to do at this point if the flash ever does become official in the US.

Whatever the deal is they sure have made of mess of the tune on these Vipers. Can you imagine if your truck or car took 2 tries to start or sometimes didn't start or kicked back and broke the starter or if you got it flashed for the 3rd time and now the speedo is off. It would be a national news story with lawsuits up the wazoo. I don't know what to do at this point if the flash ever does become official in the US.
Sent my ecu to evolution....cost $$$ but hopefully they can set it straight.

Hold on a moment, where is this flash available? I understand the results are pretty poor (relative to the fact my Viper starts no differently than any other Yamaha in the group), but is this only a Canada flash or is the US included?

from what
Hold on a moment, where is this flash available? I understand the results are pretty poor (relative to the fact my Viper starts no differently than any other Yamaha in the group), but is this only a Canada flash or is the US included?
From what I've read it's only officially been released in Canada and Sweden

Rode with my buddy's on there nytros tonight! My turbo viper said we rode 94km and the nytros said 122km, I found that off alot!

Was out tonight both sleds took three and four attempts to start -10. First time this has happened. I was starting to think it wouldnt start.
We went for a ride no issues.. came back turned it off then on no issues.... I am not feeling confident anymore ... If this happens on our club trip it will be embarrassing!

Mine started first try tonight but let the pump cycle, the 2010 nytro two tries tonight at -12C. I think it's normal for two starts ,the nytro always takes two tries.

Back