• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Mine started first try tonight but let the pump cycle, the 2010 nytro two tries tonight at -12C. I think it's normal for two starts ,the nytro always takes two tries.

I have to say I have always been a able to start first try until this flash. But three and four times ?

I have to say I have always been a able to start first try until this flash. But three and four times ?

And yes I always let the fuel pump cycle

I bet when they were stumbling around with the programing for new flash they forgot some sleds have different drivers hence different programing. No confidence in Yamaha right now. They just blew it if true. Better not find same issues on Sidewinder with voltage drop. If not I want a new harness and ecu instead of all these leaking band aid fixes. Do it right !

I was just about convinced to get the new flash tell the news about speed being off.

My machine 2016 stx dx 146 with 6400km starts fine cold or hot, never had a kick back, rpm do hunt a little from 1450 to 1500, speed is on with GPS.

So I don’t know if I should get the new flash or just leave it. All I can gain with this flash right now is problems.

What a mess Yamaha has made out of this!

I bet when they were stumbling around with the programing for new flash they forgot some sleds have different drivers hence different programing. No confidence in Yamaha right now. They just blew it if true. Better not find same issues on Sidewinder with voltage drop. If not I want a new harness and ecu instead of all these leaking band aid fixes. Do it right !
So which sleds would the flash not effect speedo?

Mybe the tech entered the wrong sled when he did the flash. eg xtx instead of ltx. That would make sense why it's off because of different gearing.

I think they would enter the vin# only. So this should enter the right info for drivers and gearing for that machine.

I watched my tech do the whole thing . I does ask for vin#. Then it goes through a list of models.

Just had it out in field . Have not trail ridden it with anyone to compare yet.

Back