• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper 2016 flash poll and Thread

Let us know how your Viper start when cold with the new ECU flash

• start instantly

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Now it take 2 attemps to start

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • start better than before

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • no difference

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • My speedometer is now unaccurate

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Has your sled stalled since latest flash

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Has Your sled had a extremely loud backfire since flash

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

Had the Cat done this week, I voted no difference as it seems to crank as long when cold as before and fires up fine, Id say it starts quicker when warm and the idle seems about the same, no double start.

I bought a leftover in 14 so I knew about kickback issues, so I always let the pump cycle and held the key until I was sure it was running as it would usually give a short false start back the. Now there is no sign of a false start nor does the engines sound like it wants to kickback, just cranks until it catches then runs fine.

Cheers, Todd

Question for all the 2 start voters:
Is your engine all stock? No airbox,no exhaust,no tuner. Stock?

New 2016 ZR7000 0km stock need 2 start after reflash...in my garage.

Mine is a 2016, all stock. After flash it takes 2 attempts to start it.

Stock, cold two try's to start.
Before I used to hold the key after it kicked over and it would continue to turn over then eventually start. Now if I do this it won't start. But as soon as I turn the key on the second attempt it fires up right away.

Ya, it's worse. But hopefully no kick backs?

Yeah, I think I'll skip this flash

Mine is stock,takes two starts but if it gets rid of starter issues,thats fine.Two starts isn't an issue,its just a little strange.

Last edited:
I don't think 2 key turns is a bad thing....might actually be a good thing. gets the oil where it needs to be before it is allowed to start.

Cannondale, please add something about the surging....can you have 2 polls? 1 for how it starts and 1 for surging?

Back