• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

I am surprised that Ski Doo has been able to keep the Mach Z away from the dyno or at least kept results away from the public. We are all pretty sure its a 200hp+ package but when Yamaha released the SW in 2017 there were lots of Dyno sheets out soon after...not so with the Mach Z...yet.

I am surprised that Ski Doo has been able to keep the Mach Z away from the dyno or at least kept results away from the public. We are all pretty sure its a 200hp+ package but when Yamaha released the SW in 2017 there were lots of Dyno sheets out soon after...not so with the Mach Z...yet.
I believe because its not as fast as they would like. I hear BRP is still working on it, because it just may not as be as fast as the Sidewinder or TCAT as of yet.

I believe because its not as fast as they would like. I hear BRP is still working on it, because it just may not as be as fast as the Sidewinder or TCAT as of yet.

Nah. Otherwise they would put a stop for Snowtrax to line one against a Sidewinder next week.

Not neccissarily because no one is going to back out of the spring sale because they are run a prototype in a spring race. If BRP was a winner, it would have been out for all of the customers to try it and they are NOT! Will see what the race looks like. There is also a theory that if they let it out and Yamaha gets a hold of one to test against, then Yamaha could tweak the boost/tune on the 998?

I don't know. Jaret at Yamaha has to pic the colors two years in advanced... I'm sure engine mappings are a done deal long time ago too if they where to change. Same with BRP. Imagine if they screw up, all the warranty issues due to a last minute change.

SIDEWINDER 200 HP AT 10 LBS / MACH Z 180 HP @17 LBS so if , One lb is approx 10 hp in the aftermarket . Something does not add up ??? *********Sidewinder 17 lbs is 275 HP
So the Mach has to boost to 27 Lbs to match 275 HP , cant on pump gas !!!

SIDEWINDER 200 HP AT 10 LBS / MACH Z 180 HP @17 LBS so if , One lb is approx 10 hp in the aftermarket . Something does not add up ??? *********Sidewinder 17 lbs is 275 HP
So the Mach has to boost to 27 Lbs to match 275 HP , cant on pump gas !!!
The Yamaha is rated 180 but usually dynos 204. I would think the Mach will also dyno 200-205
Remember also the Yamaha is 100cc larger and revs 1000RPM higher. So things do add up.
I would think when the tuners get ahold of the Mach, they may be able to take it to 230-235 on premium pump fuel without any hardware changes

The Yamaha is rated 180 but usually dynos 204. I would think the Mach will also dyno 200-205
Remember also the Yamaha is 100cc larger and revs 1000RPM higher. So things do add up.
I would think when the tuners get ahold of the Mach, they may be able to take it to 230-235 on premium pump fuel without any hardware changes
Agree wholeheartedly with that 230-235 number max on 91. The turbo is just to small to be efficient with much more than about 21-22 pounds. It will take some major money for the Doo to compete with the larger tunes many of us are running. My Doo buddies aren’t all that excited about it and considering keeping there great running 850s.

The Ski Doo 900T makes just over 10lbs of boost and dynos just over 150hp
The MachZ 900R makes over 17lbs of boost thats 7 + lbs more boost then the 900T
7lbs of boost is approx 70hp
So 150 + 70 = 220
That Mach Z is going to be strong by anyone's math.

Hurricanes 205hp tune makes 17.4lbs of boost! BRP did not change the Turbo, they upgraded the fins on the wheel of the Turbo. Don't expect no more than 205-210. As I stated on another post, I have talked to 2 people that rode the Mach and they said if speed/acceleration is your game, then the 998 is still king.

Another interesting comparison to the stock Mach Z ( 17 psig) to the sidewinder would be boosted a 17 psig sidewinder . Then the skidoo guys would actually see the difference between a Yamaha motor and a skidoo motor .
When you think what skidoo did with the Mach z one year build , skidoo knows if they produce the Mach Z multiple years they will be topped within a year because there is so much more left in the 998 , that Yamaha can easily bump pressure with no warranty problems with motor . So this isn't really a race , but it gives the magazines something to talk about ...lol
Call it a race of stock sleds. "No warranty problems with motor"....LOL, how about the rest of the sled tho? (Chaincase comes to mind. ) Wonder if the Mach Z is gonna rely on an aftermarket company like barn of parts to keep their sleds on he trail? SkiDoo leads the industry with new innovation, doesnt have someone else build their snowmobiles for them, so, it will be interesting to see. While Yamaha was designing new stickers, doo built a new turbo sled.

I love the new mach. Just wish they could've used the lynx nose!

Never say never! But i didn't order one and they're limited supply. So far i only know one of my peeps who ordered one. Can't wait to try it.

Call it a race of stock sleds. "No warranty problems with motor"....LOL, how about the rest of the sled tho? (Chaincase comes to mind. ) Wonder if the Mach Z is gonna rely on an aftermarket company like barn of parts to keep their sleds on he trail? SkiDoo leads the industry with new innovation, doesnt have someone else build their snowmobiles for them, so, it will be interesting to see. While Yamaha was designing new stickers, doo built a new turbo sled.
I don’t deny skidoo has a lot of new stuff each year , they have the biggest budget and yes there is problems with that cat part of the sled .
But you actually ride the sleds down the trail are they better? Can a individual get from point A to point B faster or more comfortable on a skidoo than a Yamaha? I would say No but that’s my point of view.
Skidoo built a new turbo sled ... there isn’t really anything new on the T 900 that the aftermarket hasn’t all ready put on the 998 with no problems for the past 4 years . So is Skidoo innovation really there or was it following the 998 progression?
Motor wise Yamaha can spin up the valve train up to 12 000 rpm with parts they have already developed. Where is Skidoo at ?? 8000 Rpm with the t 900 , so skidoo has lots of “ innovation “ in the motor area to be in the same category as Yamaha.

Back