• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

Buds on dootalk have declared the weird throttle response on 900t is fixed on the Mach Z they can tell from sitting on one at a static display?? You get used to the lag and surge eventually anyways. The Mach Z anti lag launch on Snowtrax sneak peek did not look impressive. I assume traction must have been terrible for it to look that lazy. I must admit it does sound cool in the video when AJ pokes the throttle a bit. Stock Winders sound pretty lame which is nice on a 400 km per day saddlebag trip but isnt very sporty.

I think you are taking the throttle being fixed out of context. I know who you are talking about and he never said Doo fixed the throttle. What he did say was the throttle itself is the same one Doo uses on their 2 stroke 850 and it has a longer throw than the short one they use on their 4 strokes.
Nobody really knows how it will work on production sleds but most who have ridden the new Mach claim it feels like the 850 throttle.
I wouldn't read too much into the Mach release because everyone knows the Winder has the engine to beat. It's the rest of the sled that will seperate the Winder from the Mach.

I don’t think the doo’s are as reliable and great as some of you think. I just came back from my latest trip with doo’s n poo’s and let me say this poo still has the JS bearing issues even on the VR1 and my poo die hard buddies don’t like the new VR1 compared to the older models.
Doo 900T was blowing belt like balloons and went into limp mode on last day another 900t dash went blank for 3 out of the 4 days we were there, and I know of 2 other doo’s that went down in the area. No sled manufacturer is problem free.

Last edited:
If you watch the supertax video you can see that the throttle is better, but imo it still has delay compared to the Winder. Unless they have individual throttle bodies placed close to the head, it will never be as responsive.

If you watch the supertax video you can see that the throttle is better, but imo it still has delay compared to the Winder. Unless they have individual throttle bodies placed close to the head, it will never be as responsive.

Pretty sure he even says something like “for a single throttle body and long intake track, it’s pretty good”

That tells me it’s better, but not like the Sidewinder.

I don’t think the doo’s are as reliable and great as some of you think. I just came back from my latest trip with doo’s n poo’s and let me say this poo still has the JS bearing issues even on the VR1 and my poo die hard buddies don’t like the new VR1 compared to the older models.
Doo 900T was blowing belt like balloons and went into limp mode on last day another 900t dash went blank for 3 out of the 4 we were there, and I know of 2 other doo’s that went down in the area. No sled manufacturer is problem free.

All I have owned since 2006 are Doo's and Yamaha's and that's because they have the best 4 stroke engines. I can't speak for anyone else but my experience with Doo have been very positive. I may still be on a Yamaha had they not gone to bed with Cat. Maybe the next new Yamacat will be better engineered and built and I will be back on one. That would be great if it happens.

It’s funny when a doo breaks down or has issues it’s like top secret, everyone goes quiet like nothing happened lol.. When a sidewinder goes down, break out the reporters and make sure it goes on the 6 o’clock news.. My poo buddies have had many issues in the past and we both laugh about it over beers in the hotel rooms, when we left for our trip last Wednesday I got a txt from one of my poo buddies saying make sure you don’t forget the tow rope :D.

ha ha I ride with guys like that too. Life is to short not to be able to laugh misadventures. Its actually why I like sledding. Every ride out is different.

The two other doo's you seen down, 2 strokes I presume?

All I have owned since 2006 are Doo's and Yamaha's and that's because they have the best 4 stroke engines. I can't speak for anyone else but my experience with Doo have been very positive. I may still be on a Yamaha had they not gone to bed with Cat. Maybe the next new Yamacat will be better engineered and built and I will be back on one. That would be great if it happens.
You would be the perfect candidate for the new Mach Z go out and buy one of those bad boys and you can tell us all about it seeing ya spend a lot of time on Totally Yamaha even tho your on board a Ski Doo.

You would be the perfect candidate for the new Mach Z go out and buy one of those bad boys and you can tell us all about it seeing ya spend a lot of time on Totally Yamaha even tho your on board a Ski Doo.
I don't spend much time here.
I only come here to see what's new with the Winder. I still have my Winder in the family and every Fall I do all the maintenance on it including changing the oil and cleaning out the chain case.
DooTalk has been ruined by a bunch of Poo lovers.

Ya I hear that, I think the same thing is happening here only it's not Poo guys

Back