• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 2.0)

New Camoplast Intense 1.5 lug track is installed! Next step is to install the skid! ;)!

FA72.jpg
FA73.jpg
FA74.jpg
FA75.jpg
FA76.jpg
FA77.jpg
VR80.jpg
FA78.jpg

Great work Joe coming together!!

Great fabrication work, I have a question I'd like to ask. You are ditching the 144 in favor of a 136 have you ever thought about setting the M20 back 4 inches to stay with the 144? Lower angle of attack and retention of the longer track appeal to me.

have you ever thought about setting the M20 back 4 inches to stay with the 144?
No I have not considered a set-back. I make my own installation parts, but I've always stayed with the exact mounting locations specified by TF.

Last edited:
Starting to studder are you Charley?

Old age and senility are sure things! Where did I put that whatever it was I had, when I was out fixing that other thing that I cant find now? Being the nice son I am, I did remember to take my Mom out for Mothers Day Brunch, but only cause my Sister (younger) phoned me and told me to be there (date and time) as she had made the reservations! Old timers is easier with a support group! Be part of the support group Mark!

I've pretty much had zero time for sled work lately, but things are starting to happen again.

Here's a few behind the scenes pictures of what my work platform really looks like during these projects...messy!

More to come, so stay tuned! ;)!

20170608_061349.jpg
20170608_061425.jpg

Glad to see I am not the only one who is frequently saying, ' were is the good flat blade screwdriver or the ....." Looks like fun.

When I was younger I seemed to remember were I last used and set things down ~ now it is ALL OVER and no memory at all. LOL

Last edited:
I'm glad you showed us how the Platform really looks like when your working !! For a while there it looked like you had a magic wand and the Fab work did itself ! LOL ! I'm hoping your buddy will give us a unbiased ride report compared to what he had.. I would love to do in install of an M20 but I have sunk lots of money into the Mono to improve the ride and durability . That and the fact I'm pushing 12,000 miles not sure it makes sense at this point. Your work is always the Best!

I would love to do in install of an M20 but I have sunk lots of money into the Mono to improve the ride and durability .
I was sick with my purchase of the 144 XTX after the first ride, as it beat me to death. I bought it because I didn't want a 128" Apex (I never did understand why Yamaha dropped the Apex LTX??)
Anyways...I decided to ditch the 144 for an M20, and it's been the single best upgrade I've ever made to a sled. However, if I had bought the 128" to begin with, I probably would have never considered an M20 because the mono is pretty damn good right out of the box! ;)!

It all boils down to the kind of riding you like the most.

I've pretty much had zero time for sled work lately, but things are starting to happen again.

Here's a few behind the scenes pictures of what my work platform really looks like during these projects...messy!

More to come, so stay tuned! ;)!

View attachment 128933 View attachment 128934

Im glad someone is working on sleds.. I dont think I have even looked at them since the last ride in Muni :(

The rear air spring and dump solenoid assemblies are complete. I managed to fit them right above each footwell. It took some test fitting, but I made it work by fabricating mounting brackets out of 1/8" aluminum. My buddy opted out of the front Assault shocks, so no extra solenoids or plumbing for that at this time.

FA97.jpg
FA88.jpg

Three of the four relays in the left foot well had to be moved up 1" so the wires wouldn't kink on the solenoid coil housings.

FA94.jpg
FA95.jpg
FA93.jpg
FA96.jpg
FA91.jpg
FA92.jpg

The radiator fan in the right foot well made it necessary for the rear air spring solenoids to be separated by a 3" pipe nipple to clear the fan shroud. It's a tight fit, but it works. ;)!

FA89.jpg
FA90.jpg

Last edited:

Back