• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products Orange Secondary spring **Update**

If someone has snow and is riding trails (not off-trail), I would like to hear how 1-3 with the orange spring works out.

If someone has snow and is riding trails (not off-trail), I would like to hear how 1-3 with the orange spring works out.

I will be doing a big trip next week starting wednesday. Plan on trying the orange spring. Will wrap various degrees as suggested above. Hoping not to blow belts! Think i'll be ok as i use a progressive helix. currently slipping a bit with cat red/white spring, so hoping the orange TP will help with that

I will be doing a big trip next week starting wednesday. Plan on trying the orange spring. Will wrap various degrees as suggested above. Hoping not to blow belts! Think i'll be ok as i use a progressive helix. currently slipping a bit with cat red/white spring, so hoping the orange TP will help with that

Yup, trying to eliminate the blowing belt problem....period. (And this means every Yamaha sled that is blowing belts, either it be all stock or changed snowmobile.)

Thank you PowderFalcon. If you can, report temps. (Hopefully you can score a temp gun to use or if you have one)

Yup, trying to eliminate the blowing belt problem....period. (And this means every Yamaha sled that is blowing belts, either it be all stock or changed snowmobile.)

Thank you PowderFalcon. If you can, report temps. (Hopefully you can score a temp gun to use or if you have one)

Yes sir, i have a temp gun, so will be keeping a close eye on things. bringing an 8DN with me as well to try. i've only blown 1 8JP belt in 2000 miles, but in the 500 i've put on this season, my orange CAI pre-filer is black with belt dust and clutches are super hot. so i know i'm slipping and only a matter of time till this belt grenades.

I had 300kms on the 3-3 no issues, no high speed runs
Put 800kms on 2-3 no issues 117 mph and still pulling hard
Running 8dn belt

That's great you had no issues.

What difference did you notice between to 2 wraps? Any change in RPM? slippage? clutch temps? etc

3-3 had more snap corner to corner
no time to look at rpm...lol
never checked clutch temp either time

Yes sir, i have a temp gun, so will be keeping a close eye on things. bringing an 8DN with me as well to try. i've only blown 1 8JP belt in 2000 miles, but in the 500 i've put on this season, my orange CAI pre-filer is black with belt dust and clutches are super hot. so i know i'm slipping and only a matter of time till this belt grenades.
Sweet deal finally someone is going to try the 8dn with this setup! I would be willing to bet the clutches run cooler with that belt. 8dn with 3-3 should be the cats a$$. 8jp can’t handle that much belt clamping force it’s to soft. 8dn should backshift awsome with this setup. I would like to see the 8dn and the cat red/white also, think you could do that for me PowderFalcon? I’ve ran the cat spring in a lot of roller secondarys in the past with good results, you don’t need much twist with spring.

Powderfalcon your running 240 tune right? Helix?

Sweet deal finally someone is going to try the 8dn with this setup! I would be willing to bet the clutches run cooler with that belt. 8dn with 3-3 should be the cats a$$. 8jp can’t handle that much belt clamping force it’s to soft. 8dn should backshift awsome with this setup. I would like to see the 8dn and the cat red/white also, think you could do that for me PowderFalcon? I’ve ran the cat spring in a lot of roller secondarys in the past with good results, you don’t need much twist with spring.

I have had good luck with the cat red/white. but i think its slipping just a bit. I will try the 8DN before switching springs.
for the cost of driven springs, figure i'll give the orange TP a try. I will let ya know clutchmaster.

EVO stage 4. progressive helix.

I have had good luck with the cat red/white. but i think its slipping just a bit. I will try the 8DN before switching springs.
for the cost of driven springs, figure i'll give the orange TP a try. I will let ya know clutchmaster.

Thanks PF I appreciate that. Helix your running?

Did you update your stage 4. I had to add weight after I did.

Did you update your stage 4. I had to add weight after I did.

I haven't updated it yet shagnos. Kyle said he hoped to have knock detection and anti-lag done last week. waiting for that to flash it all at the same time.

I haven't updated it yet shagnos. Kyle said he hoped to have knock detection and anti-lag done last week. waiting for that to flash it all at the same time.
I did mine right away. Only takes about 5 min to pull ecu, reflash and install.:D

Back