• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

So why were the original washers updated to the Delrin type? Did the originals not prove to be durable enough?
Also, I installed the shims for the steering linkage but could only install one underneath the linkage - is that okay or did I miss something? (it seems plenty tight though) I also had to ream out those shims some to get them fit over the splined shaft - Just wondering if the VL has a different size shaft?
thanks,

Bomba, I was also only able to get one under there or the allen screw would not fit in it's slot. They where also very tight on the shaft.

I think the Delrin will just be a lot tougher, it has help up very well at the tip of my drum sticks!

yamahas said:
Bomba, I was also only able to get one under there or the allen screw would not fit in it's slot. They where also very tight on the shaft.

I think the Delrin will just be a lot tougher, it has help up very well at the tip of my drumsticks!
thanks for the info
now, what are drumsticks please? ;)!

No problem,

You know, at the tip of my drum sticks, like the musical instrument. I was just saying it is a tough material and it is a good choice for washers :Rockon:

yamahas said:
No problem,

You know, at the tip of my drum sticks, like the musical instrument. I was just saying it is a tough material and it is a good choice for washers :Rockon:
:jump: Okay I was afraid it was something else I had to update :o|

Hey riders thanks for the support of the product and all the reviews. The season is about done and getting geared up for next season hopefully better for most of you. We average 238" annually and probably only received 120" but enough to ride from January-March 10. Have a great off season and talked to ya soon.

I'm in the market for a set of bushings for spring work on the phazer do you have in stock? Shipping to Sweden... Send me a pm to sort out the details..

UPs kit rocks! My steering is as tight as u can get the phazer with all the pivot points. To many joints! You will never get complete tight steering. Yamaha needs to read TY the phazer could be near perfect!!!!

rocklong said:
UPs kit rocks! My steering is as tight as u can get the phazer with all the pivot points.
So how tight do you have it? i.e. how much side to side play is in your handlebars?

I have replaced just about everything on mine, even upgraded the inside tierod ends to the YFZ450 ones as per Cannondale's mod and still have about 3/4" play. THe only thing left to do is the little chicken bone looking joint above that triangular bracket that I have to remove the tank to access.

What does hose 29 on air box diagram 4 do? I pulled the air box and I'm not sure what it attached to, if anything, except the air box?

I can't open the diagrams right now but I think the hose you are talking about are air pressure hoses. They are attached to something else at the other end.

Back