• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

rans9titan said:
Sorry I didnt take any pictures. The only problem I see with the steering head fix is that the metal piece in the back that has the bolts welded in shows a slight bow when you tighten it down. The front piece may also be bowed a little. If I had it apart again I would put a brace on both of them to make them a little stronger. Will see how it holds up.

Hey rans9titan this is what you need.

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore/index. ... ucts_id=93

i made 2 bronze bushings at work for the pivot arm,i have access to lathes and all kind of materials,when i drilled the hole,the bolt would slide with little to no play,so i thought it would be perfect,after i installed them and tightened everything,the steering was really hard to turn,i seen somewhere where it called for a 29/64 hole but its way too big,i must be missing something here,i would order a kit from upbushman but i cant afford to wait,if someone knows exactly what the size of the hole is for that bushing,i would greatly appreciate it

Took about 2 weeks to arrive in Canada, just got it installed yesterday and works great! Took out lots of the slop in the steering for me. Thanks a lot Rob! Made a big difference for my Phazer.

Pat, are you sure you didn't make the bushing too long or too short? I can't remember exactly how that linkage works, but when I made my own, I had to re-do some stuff because the linkage wouldn't move.

Jeffz said:
Pat, are you sure you didn't make the bushing too long or too short? I can't remember exactly how that linkage works, but when I made my own, I had to re-do some stuff because the linkage wouldn't move.
yep,i figured it out,the bushings i made were just a hair too short so when i would tight everything,it would all seize up,all i did was thin out the teflon washers,now its just right,thanks

pat the rat said:
Jeffz said:
yep,i figured it out,the bushings i made were just a hair too short so when i would tight everything,it would all seize up,all i did was thin out the teflon washers,now its just right,thanks

That's why it costs a bit extra to buy parts from companies like UP Bushman or OFT... Hell, that's where we started out. We do all of the R&D, testing, and trials to make sure the part you receive will fit perfect, and work for the long haul...

I give a huge amount of credit to the DIY's in the community, but if you don't have the time or resources to deal with the invention, buy it from the proven companies. It will work the first time... every time.

-Moto

Just wanted to post a little update, had my kit apart today to put in the new delrin (this is some tough material, it is what I have at the tip of my drum sticks and it hold up very well compared to other plastic tips) washers while I had mine apart. The bronze piece is still very very tight after about 3500km's

Bomba, I am pretty sure I had a lot of up and down movement where the extra washers go.

MotoPsycho said:
pat the rat said:
Jeffz said:

That's why it costs a bit extra to buy parts from companies like UP Bushman or OFT... Hell, that's where we started out. We do all of the R&D, testing, and trials to make sure the part you receive will fit perfect, and work for the long haul...

I give a huge amount of credit to the DIY's in the community, but if you don't have the time or resources to deal with the invention, buy it from the proven companies. It will work the first time... every time.

-Moto
i wanted to buy them from up bushman,i sent him a pm and he was away for a while,and i couldnt wait for 2-3 weeks to get them delivered in canada,so i did it myself,we have a machine shop where i work so all the tools i need are there

Back