• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

yamahas said:
I can't open the diagrams right now but I think the hose you are talking about are air pressure hoses. They are attached to something else at the other end.

Diagrams are on page 6 in this thred.. This hose is at the very bottom of the air box and on the unfiltered side... The other end doesn't look like it has been attached to anything but I could be wrong.. I'm guessing water drain hose.. Oil breather and three vacuum lines on the upper part of air box are all good..

yamahas said:
Bomba, I was also only able to get one under there or the allen screw would not fit in it's slot. They where also very tight on the shaft.

For the steering shims I got two underneath and no room for the upper shim.. I might try to grind it down but I think it will do as is?

irish_redneck said:
Couldn't get the upper shim to go in and still have ability to re-install clip....

Incredibly tight even without it in though.

Some times the top one does not fit and is just to finish off detail. I found leaving the steering arm bolt loose and pulling up on shaft while pushing down steering arm. Then try to put top washer on then clip and tighten steering arm bolt last. It's surely night and day when kit is installed thanks for the comments folks.

UP this is a real nice kit! I would have to say that over 80 % of my steering slop is gone, I'm sure the rest is in that steering post from looking closely at things, Thanks bud!

Happy Customer

:Rockon: Thanks Rob, worked like a charm, other than opening the box in my truck and one pesky washer fell down under the seat. lol Thanks again nice product.

My husband is an average mechanic. He works on our bikes all the time. We bought this steering kit but I am wondering if we need to send it out to a shop? I asked him if he thought it was going to be easy and he just said "I'll figure it out".

If he does it wrong will my steering be all wrong?

No need to send it out to a shop. The instructions that come with the kit are very good.

yamahas said:
No need to send it out to a shop. The instructions that come with the kit are very good.

Yep, my neighbor did Irish Redneck's last season- some things to take off & dig into but ya' learn what's involved with the sled...

Doing mine in couple weeks when the $$ tree drops more leaves :)

** UP, sent you a PM ;)!

Back