• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tired Of Sloppy Steering At Plastic Bushing And Steel Collar

Thanks all you TY folks for the great comments on the product . This site has been a wealth of info for all of us and it's nice to be able to contribute a product reasonable priced to fix a major issue thanks again Rob.

up kit

I recently purchased a 2007 phazer with 4500 miles on it. Well it had just over 3/4 of a inch of slop at the bars. I got his bushing kit and installed it tonight. I got it back togather and now down to 3/8 to 5/16 of a inch. I dont have any slop where I put the kit in worked great. Kinda tight but figure it will wear in pretty fast. I kept taking things apart to find the rest. Most of it is the small link right at bottom of the bars. The rod ends have almost a 1/4 inch of slop in them so will have to get a new one since they are molded right into the link. I also had alot of play in the upper plastic handle bar holder. I see oft says they are out of stock so came up with my own fix. Took the holder off the sled. I took out the steel bushings that are around the bolts and cut off about 1/8 of a inch. Then I took one of the bushings and cut it down about the same amount. I put it back togather with nylock nuts and tightened it just enough to take all the slop out. I have a small gap between the plastic pieces of a little more of a 1/16. I can now tighten it down some more when it gets wore out. Cheap fix that should last a few seasons I should think.

Re: up kit

rans9titan said:
I recently purchased a 2007 phazer with 4500 miles on it. Well it had just over 3/4 of a inch of slop at the bars. I got his bushing kit and installed it tonight. I got it back togather and now down to 3/8 to 5/16 of a inch. I dont have any slop where I put the kit in worked great. Kinda tight but figure it will wear in pretty fast. I kept taking things apart to find the rest. Most of it is the small link right at bottom of the bars. The rod ends have almost a 1/4 inch of slop in them so will have to get a new one since they are molded right into the link. I also had alot of play in the upper plastic handle bar holder. I see oft says they are out of stock so came up with my own fix. Took the holder off the sled. I took out the steel bushings that are around the bolts and cut off about 1/8 of a inch. Then I took one of the bushings and cut it down about the same amount. I put it back togather with nylock nuts and tightened it just enough to take all the slop out. I have a small gap between the plastic pieces of a little more of a 1/16. I can now tighten it down some more when it gets wore out. Cheap fix that should last a few seasons I should think.
Got Pics?

Hey could anyone help me, got some problems installing a new steering bushing(name?) the thing that goes around :).... well its just that im not able to get the thing out becouse it´s a metal frame around it and not alot of room(dont want to drop everything in to the engine....) can take a picture later if u dont understand.

And the only way do get the "frame" away seems to bee, unscrewing the inter chassie :o|

The sled is a phazer mtx 2011...

Attachments

• 20130627_062847.jpg
    20130627_062847.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20130627_062640.jpg
    20130627_062640.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 122
Emme.g.h. said:
Hey could anyone help me, got some problems installing a new steering bushing(name?) the thing that goes around :).... well its just that im not able to get the thing out becouse it´s a metal frame around it and not alot of room(dont want to drop everything in to the engine....) can take a picture later if u dont understand.

And the only way do get the "frame" away seems to bee, unscrewing the inter chassie :o|

The sled is a phazer mtx 2011...

Your question was answered in the other thread; correct?

Sorry I didnt take any pictures. The only problem I see with the steering head fix is that the metal piece in the back that has the bolts welded in shows a slight bow when you tighten it down. The front piece may also be bowed a little. If I had it apart again I would put a brace on both of them to make them a little stronger. Will see how it holds up.

Back