• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

Could be us na guys just don't have enough power to do what yours did. Take both springs out of clutches and see if it's actually possible to have a stock belt go over primary.

Today after clutching for 8950 I saw over 100 mph a few times. Easy to clutch with 8dn and ulmer kit.

I finally blew my 1st belt at 1200 miles turboed and was running 9#'s of boost or about 220 hp. I noticed a bit of slippage for a few miles then a slight vibration then pow! it blew all of the rubber off in 1" chunks in the belly pan. All of the strings were in tact and wound around the Secondary. It locked up and almost launched me over the bars.

Yamadog said:
I finally blew my 1st belt at 1200 miles turboed and was running 9#'s of boost or about 220 hp. I noticed a bit of slippage for a few miles then a slight vibration then pow! it blew all of the rubber off in 1" chunks in the belly pan. All of the strings were in tact and wound around the Secondary. It locked up and almost launched me over the bars.

Might have to try the 8DN :Rockon:

No way man I love buying parts and the added thrill of a high speed blow out adds to the EXCITEMENT ;)!

besides I know have 3 of the 8jp maybe that stands for junk part

Yamadog said:
No way man I love buying parts and the added thrill of a high speed blow out adds to the EXCITEMENT ;)!

besides I know have 3 of the 8jp maybe that stands for junk part

No worries, it won't take long to explode them too! :jump:

FAMILYMAN said:
Motor, belt exploding...the sound haunts ya a night....been there. #$%&*

Lol...that's no joke! It's not all that much fun! Hopefully the 2096 Vipers will be better :moon:

FAMILYMAN said:
Motor, belt exploding...the sound haunts ya a night....been there. #$%&*

You beter believe it! It was midnight in the middle of nowhere and when the vibration started I thought OH CRAP after blowing this motor up 6 weeks ago and then boom and it locked up :o| .

Blown belt parts on my foot was the greatest thing I ever saw!!!!!

I seen a video today and it was a RMK pro with a Apex motor in it. Now there is a thought for 2096! With a good belt, and a hood that comes off in 30 seconds. With coil spring shocks with clickers! I guess I'll wait... :drink:

Yamadog said:
2096 I plan to be riding in Heaven (I hope) the snow sucks in HE!!.

Well I hope they have this sled figured out by then, and we will be up in Heaven riding them :-o

If you are up there you should be building your own wild ride in the shop of your dreams :sled1: , if it doesn't work what is the worst that can happen haha :jump:

I already have that but my head mechanic is a lazy SOB!!!!........ oops thats me!!! guess I need a cattle prod :o|

2 muscle cars in pieces, 2 sleds that need work and my race trailer was torn apart last year for a commercial job staging area and never put back together.... Yikes - hopefully we never have to work in HEAVEN!

I know the feeling about projects Yamadog.....

just never enough time in a day.

NOS-PRO said:
I know the feeling about projects Yamadog.....

just never enough time in a day.

I'm thinking of making a project out of my Viper as well. And getting two new sleds. Or trade it in?? Don't know yet, and I have a month to think about it!

One with no belt issues! And easier for my wife to ride! Might jump ship for her!? ;):D

Back