• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

Just an update

I've got just a few miles on it trying it out and the 2.5 is way louder in the garage but actually not that bad when at speed. It is on the borderline of what I find acceptable.

Just an update

I've got just a few miles on it trying it out and the 2.5 is way louder in the garage but actually not that bad when at speed. It is on the borderline of what I find acceptable.

Good news. Can't wait to hear mine. Congratulations

What psi should the ss 240 tune be pulling? I'm seeing 14.2 for the few seconds I would hold on for.

Pulling roughly 8450-8500rpms during those few seconds runs.

14 psi seems what i recall for 240hp, but you need to be at 8900rpm for max fun!

14 psi seems what i recall for 240hp, but you need to be at 8900rpm for max fun!
I saw 8800 a few times but it would settle to 8500 after a bit. But I don't have a mile railroad to test it out and our lakes are #*$&@.

What psi should the ss 240 tune be pulling? I'm seeing 14.2 for the few seconds I would hold on for.

Pulling roughly 8450-8500rpms during those few seconds runs.

I recall an average of 15.7 or so. Seen as high as 19 when it's cold out and over boosting.

Just an update

Yes, the noise in the garage is going to cuz a large increase in sound waves bouncing from one side to the other. no place to escape.

I recall an average of 15.7 or so. Seen as high as 19 when it's cold out and over boosting.
My SW with the PM tune bundle 240 selected and a 3 inch stock mod muffler will indicate up to 17+ in the colder weather as well...I really don't see a lot of difference between it and the 270 tune....fuel mileage has been good as well.
Dave had said the 240 tune should be 13 to 14 psi.

That hurricane 240 ss tune is a strong runner. Great all around tune. Set it and forget it.
But with a stock muffler is the thinking/experience here saying its harder on fuel?

I was hoping with a SM tune removing some of the safety gap it would still run less rich so more efficient...

But with a stock muffler is the thinking/experience here saying its harder on fuel?

I was hoping with a SM tune removing some of the safety gap it would still run less rich so more efficient...
It dosnt seem to be any harder on fuel.

I have a stock muffler tune and my dad has a stock winder. They are very similar in fuel consumption. I am harder on the throttle than he is so I usually take a bit more, but it isn’t much.

Ok so not harder but not better... I was telling myself after the warranty runs out I would get 240 SM tune just for the better millage in those long rides. Guess not.

Its better on fuel with After market muffler. You can smell the fuel being burned on the stock muffler tune. The stock muffler with just a tune is a little laggy IMO. The 998 needs to breath as the boost is cranked. The Hurricane muffler has a deeper tone at idle, but IMO, is close to stock sound once the rpm's climb and really helps the performance of the tune.

Not legal here and I like a quiet ride on them long days. Don't want to relive the Apex drone. ha ha

Didn't realize when there was talk of better mpg it was always with an after market muffler. Makes sense but I'm still disappointed.

Last edited:

Back