• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

Looks like BD Extreme makes headers now. Looks like it flows well. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Screenshot_20220404-175104.png

I feel like I have read through this thread 4 times now weighing things out for next year. Love all the great info and incite, anyone still have more to share?!

i had mine flashed to td max spool 17 last week,went to start it kicked once and set a code, turnes out it was a bad 3 bar out of the box, i then had if flashed to max pump 17 , sock map is used , inreallyvwanted the max but definitely questioning reliability of the 3 bar, just a fluke?

i had mine flashed to td max spool 17 last week,went to start it kicked once and set a code, turnes out it was a bad 3 bar out of the box, i then had if flashed to max pump 17 , sock map is used , inreallyvwanted the max but definitely questioning reliability of the 3 bar, just a fluke?

Yes, fluke.....I've got 5 years and over 10k miles on same 3bar sensor without issue.

Anyone run hurricanes 2.5 trail muffler? I see they have a rivet on it to make it look like the stickers.

Curious.as to how loud it is and how much heat it holds.

Running a tune without a PM is like changing your oil and leaving the old filter on. Your packing the cylinders with 2X atmospheric pressure yet the air can't escape fast enough. Its also my belief that the stock mod mufflers are more about trying to slip thru a Dnr checkpoint then they are about performance.
I've run turbos, superchargers & nitrous from various motorsports. Exhaust has always been the key area to add efficiency & power.

Anyone run hurricanes 2.5 trail muffler? I see they have a rivet on it to make it look like the stickers.

Curious.as to how loud it is and how much heat it holds.
I've run them in 3 sleds. It's a quality muffler but it could fit better. Takes a bit of finese for it to slide down on the perches. However it's really quiet and does not run hot like the stock with tunes. Runs like stock with no tunes. Only way to go imo if you want run a tune but still be somewhat quiet. Big difference between stock muffler tune 270 and performance muffler tune 270 imo

To me, they are loud. To loud for me to trail ride all day. I have ridden the Hurricane muffler back-to-back with a stocker and the nose level was not acceptable for me to ride all day.
Yes, the performance is better. You have to ask yourself how much noise you are going to tolerate to trail ride.
I am NOT going back to wearing ear plugs to trail ride.

The HURricane muffler with shields is a very nice muffler, and of all the 2.5 in out there it flows very well and quieter than most 2.5 that actually flow. No drone. I’ve used the same 2.5 HURricane muffler for a couple years now at 350 hp (big turbo) and the noise level has not increased . Fits very well you just need to trim about half an inch of shield at the rear as it hits the turbo mounting bolt (30 sec job with a pair of tin snips) , then it slides right in. Been through many ride checks , pulled panel a few times for inspection and no issues.

To me, they are loud. To loud for me to trail ride all day. I have ridden the Hurricane muffler back-to-back with a stocker and the nose level was not acceptable for me to ride all day.
Yes, the performance is better. You have to ask yourself how much noise you are going to tolerate to trail ride.
I am NOT going back to wearing ear plugs to trail ride.
Noise levels are very subjective. I've never used the Hurricane 2.5.
But I do have the TD super quiet, and I rarely use because it is too loud(and has a drone).
But others have commented on this site and think it's quiet. I don't.

I ran hurricane 2.5& I really liked it. Different sled now with Td sq 3”. Usually too loud.

I ran hurricane 2.5& I really liked it. Different sled now with Td sq 3”. Usually too loud.

Running a 2.5 hurricane for the last 8000km. I don't find it any louder then a stock apex. Did you notice any power increase with the 3" sq?

Welp hit the order button

Tune bundle and 2.5 trail muffler on its way.
And all the supporting stuff even though I will probably just stay at 240 I got the stuff for 270.
Yeah, you will. I love your last comment "I'll probably just stay at the 240 but got everything I need for the 270." Lol!! sounds just like me.

Congratulations

Back