• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics clutch kit

Attack gt

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX
Has anyone purchased and got any feed back on the Turbo Dynamics clutch kit? Comes with primary and secondary springs, Heavy duty rollers, and Dalton weights. I run the Hurricane 270 tune with stock modified muffler, CAI, BOV, 1.5" lug track with 144 trail studs, snow trackers, and dupont sliders. First ride of the year and blew a new 8jp belt at 250 miles. Clutches were warmer than I would like to see them. Took my clutches apart and had cracked rollers on secondary and worn rollers on primary. Figured that if I am rebuilding clutches, good time to look into a kit that works. I would like to know specifically about this Turbo Dynamics kit but will listen to anything.

You stated you are willing to listen to anything....so here goes.

Ditch the 8jp belt. You will never get it to last at that horsepower. Fix your roller issues, buy an Ultimax XS 825 belt and start over.

Primary put Yamaha blu/brn/blu spring with set of Dalton QAY-70 weights with 3.1 slug to start. (73.1 gram total)

Secondary put stock 35 helix with Yamaha yellow at 60 degrees. If you are light, unstuded go 50 degrees.

This will put you in ballpark and produce cool clutch temps. Iron out the wrinkles from there.

Good Luck!

Ditch the 8jp belt. You will never get it to last at that horsepower. Fix your roller issues, buy an Ultimax XS 825 belt and start over.

Primary put Yamaha blu/brn/blu spring with set of Dalton QAY-70 weights with 3.1 slug to start. (73.1 gram total)

Secondary put stock 35 helix with Yamaha yellow at 60 degrees. If you are light, unstuded go 50 degrees.

This will put you in ballpark and produce cool clutch temps. Iron out the wrinkles from there.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the feed back! I already purchased the clutch kit so I will see how that goes and if I have to drop back and punt, I will give this set up a shot. Thanks again.

You blew a belt and ruined the rollers in both clutches in 250 miles??? Are you shitting us? You got lots going on that needs checking and replacing. Check your offset.

You blew a belt and ruined the rollers in both clutches in 250 miles??? Are you shitting us? You got lots going on that needs checking and replacing. Check your offset.

I think his rollers were already going...and helped cause the failure is what he meant.

But I agree with Fleecer..he should ditch that crap 8jp belt for sure. Those things suck. Personally I think they are hit or miss. Ya you may get a decent one, but there are a lot of bad ones out there too. They are Very inconsistent.

And yes...definitely check his offset.

It’s funny because I ran the sh)$ out of a 8jp and it was just fine. It’s dirty as hell but I call it my spare red headed step child belt. Not tons of miles brut I have thrown it in the to a compare and puss whaled it and it’s been decent actually. Very dirty but honestly is a decent dirty belt with good clutching. Not saying I would run it as my main. But it’s overlooked

I bought this sled used and it had the current clutch configuration in it when I got it. Winter Wolf is correct. The worn primary rollers and broken and cracked secondary rollers were not results of the belt failure. The clutches were definitely running warmer than they should. Offset is correct. I did notice that the belt was slipping occasionally at low speeds. This is why I am rebuilding the clutches and going to try a different set up and why I am looking for feed back on the Turbo Dynamics clutch kit. A far as the 8JP goes... it is the belt Yamaha recommends and puts on these sleds from the factory. I may try something else sometime but the way I see it, if this is what comes from the factory on these sleds should be pretty good IMHO.

I bought this sled used and it had the current clutch configuration in it when I got it. Winter Wolf is correct. The worn primary rollers and broken and cracked secondary rollers were not results of the belt failure. The clutches were definitely running warmer than they should. Offset is correct. I did notice that the belt was slipping occasionally at low speeds. This is why I am rebuilding the clutches and going to try a different set up and why I am looking for feed back on the Turbo Dynamics clutch kit. A far as the 8JP goes... it is the belt Yamaha recommends and puts on these sleds from the factory. I may try something else sometime but the way I see it, if this is what comes from the factory on these sleds should be pretty good IMHO.

The 8jp isn’t a very good belt, do yourself a favor and clutch to the 825XS belt. The setup will be different and it’s much more forgiving with various setups.

Good Luck!

Listen to Fleece, he has done extensive testing and this is an impressive setup to say the least.
It’s also a testament to the gripping power of the XS belt.

Nothing wrong with the 8JP.

It's not a good belt at all imo. And if you're tuned forget it..it's even worse. There are much better choices out there for the same, or less money. 8dn is much better and way cheaper, and XS 825 is awesome.

I blew one bone stock. And then after doing all the alignment and offset stuff when I tuned it last year, I blew another. Both blew when not even hammering on it. I don't beat my belts or sled hard. I ride in an area where its big highway trails, so I'm not on and off hard like on tight trails. I'm either on it at higher speeds, or I'm off coasting into a turn. Both blew at the same mileage too-635 miles. Like I said, I think some are better than others..it's very inconsistent.

It's not a good belt at all imo. And if you're tuned forget it..it's even worse. There are much better choices out there for the same, or less money. 8dn is much better and way cheaper, and XS 825 is awesome.

I blew one bone stock. And then after doing all the alignment and offset stuff when I tuned it last year, I blew another. Both blew when not even hammering on it. I don't beat my belts or sled hard. I ride in an area where its big highway trails, so I'm not on and off hard like on tight trails. I'm either on it at higher speeds, or I'm off coasting into a turn. Both blew at the same mileage too-635 miles. Like I said, I think some are better than others..it's very inconsistent.

I'm not saying there isn't better out there however I have 11500kms tuned and aside from blowing a few testing (which I consider my own doing) I haven't blown one in 7-8000 km. I ride Northern Ontario superspeedways. I change them now just because.

I'm not saying there isn't better out there however I have 11500kms tuned and aside from blowing a few testing (which I consider my own doing) I haven't blown one in 7-8000 km. I ride Northern Ontario superspeedways. I change them now just because.
I know plenty of guys running the stock belt with almost no issues for 1000's of kms.
The one thing I don't like about the 8JP is all the black dust it throws off. Aside from that I have no problem with it.

Back