• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updated Site... not complete

Tom,

Everything is great now but one thing I did notice yesterday afternoon is that everything is good in landscape mode but when I am looking at my iPad in portrait mode I see the truncated version. I don't believe that I was using the portrait mode when I wrote the initial issue, however, I can't say for sure.

At least now I know I must be in landscape for it to display fully with an iPad mini.

Thanks again for your efforts, hope you didn't have to spend time trying to fix a non issue!

John

Tom,

Everything is great now but one thing I did notice yesterday afternoon is that everything is good in landscape mode but when I am looking at my iPad in portrait mode I see the truncated version. I don't believe that I was using the portrait mode when I wrote the initial issue, however, I can't say for sure.

At least now I know I must be in landscape for it to display fully with an iPad mini.

Thanks again for your efforts, hope you didn't have to spend time trying to fix a non issue!

John

It all good. Maybe it will help other out there :)

I've got a really funky issue with either the search or posts that are missing. I did a search for all of my posts since Sept. 2013 and I am missing posts between Feb 2014 and Oct. 2013. All I got was two pages and I'm pretty sure I did more than 40 posts. I was looking for a specific post regarding ball joints and it was in that missing period.

Missing posts.jpg

I've got a really funky issue with either the search or posts that are missing. I did a search for all of my posts since Sept. 2013 and I am missing posts between Feb 2014 and Oct. 2013. All I got was two pages and I'm pretty sure I did more than 40 posts. I was looking for a specific post regarding ball joints and it was in that missing period.

View attachment 97764
But the problem is is that is through the summer and not many people do posts. Unless you can find a specific topic that was posted and missing through that specific time. It's really hard to tell.

That's just it, I can't find posts I did through the winter. Is there some sort of indexing for the search that may have missed them?

I tried to search for all of my posts from Oct. 1 onwards and it's finding nothing between Oct.10 2013 and Feb.10 2014. The posts are there as I found several using Google site search. I did find the particular post/thread but TY's search will not bring it up no matter what search terms I use.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/aftermarket-balljoint-for-phazers-nytros-vls-and-mps.128008/

I think the search function is missing stuff.
It looks like we have to add some functions to the search to be able to dig deep and get you the results. At least the info is there, we just need to refine the search.

I tried to search for all of my posts from Oct. 1 onwards and it's finding nothing between Oct.10 2013 and Feb.10 2014. The posts are there as I found several using Google site search. I did find the particular post/thread but TY's search will not bring it up no matter what search terms I use.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/aftermarket-balljoint-for-phazers-nytros-vls-and-mps.128008/

I think the search function is missing stuff.

I had my web guy help on this and he says its fixed... way over my head on this one, but it looks to be fixed.

Yep, was able to do several searches and all of it is there so all is good in the universe. Was I the only one affected or all posts were missing from the search?

Yep, was able to do several searches and all of it is there so all is good in the universe. Was I the only one affected or all posts were missing from the search?

I think it affected a few users. You brought it to our attention its then we realized the data base was so big it needed an advance searching. I had my web guy dig in and he nailed it for me.

I was having trouble too, but the search is working great this morning! ;)!

Is there a way to edit the title of an old post that you've started? If I'm thinking correctly, you could edit titles to your own posts on the old format. Maybe that is no longer the case...just wondering.

Last edited:
If you can't get it to work just let me know the post you want edited and I can do that for you.

Back