• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Updates...

Yamaha has had some of the best talent as far as riders and mechanics in cross country racing, at least in the last 8-9 years anyway. The problem is the sled they had to ride. They were very pumped up last spring when it was announced that they would at least be on a little more competitive piece. Ben Lindbom is the real deal!

Now the question is snowcross racing in addition to cross country racing. We have a lighter sled with a lot of torque now. Will it keep up with the lighter 2-strokes on the hill, and tracks to make a racing team.

sheetwright said:
Now the question is snowcross racing in addition to cross country racing. We have a lighter sled with a lot of torque now. Will it keep up with the lighter 2-strokes on the hill, and tracks to make a racing team.
Can't imagine any SX sucess. Too much weight, to high up, and you need a full on race chassis. But who knows how much money they want to dump into it. They spent a boatload on the franken-nytro that they raced XC with the last 2 years. If you want to spend an assinine amout of money, Pro Open snowcross is exactly the place to do it.

the only concern i have with the chassis after i test rode one that D&D powersports had late last winter is that the left foot well is way to damn small and cramped my boot when i rode the sled, and YAMAHA seemed to be extremely concerned with the issue and looked it over pretty hard and took a couple photos with my boot in there. hopefully its resolved by the time production hits..

cannondale27 said:
The Prototypes I took the side covers off of it was much easier to remove and install them vs the 12 and 13 Cats. 13 cats also had a thmbscrew to keep panel tight and that isnt on the 14's. I think thats the improvement they made.

2014 "you know what" has the thumbscrew, at least mine does.

Wondering if the updated belt guard will be the place to mount the spare belt, similar to the other Yamaha sleds?

that is what the rear pouch is for apparently, but I had my spare belt on the clutch guard on my nytro

I'll be a back up rider if they need one for cross-country ;)

I sure hope they CC race it this year. We (TEAM 5) and at least one other team will be racing Vipers in Cains Quest this year. There is lots to be learned from the cc circuit and a small independant team like ours depend on others to do much of the research and shake down on the gear we choose to run with. The Viper will be awesome for us as it will provide the ultimate platform with which to start building (especially considering our budget).

Back