• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy an all new 2014 Yamaha sled if...

We would buy two new 130hp Yamaha 2- smokes in a heartbeat as long as they were in a new chasis that matched. No doubt!

Maybe but i learned to ride whit a Phazer 4 stroke so when i test my buddys 2 strokes i think it's all akward because of the diffrences in torque and how your supposed to ride a 2 stroke whit more tapping on the trottle and so on

Never say never to Yamaha making them lighter. Look at the Mercury 150 hp 4 stroke outboard, it is 25# lighter than the comparable Yamaha. So I think there is some room for Yamaha to lighten them up if the pressure is high enough. I like my sled the way it is. It is a trail cruiser and the wight isn't that important to me.

I would definately miss the instant torque and wide powerband that comes with trunning a 4-stroke. Not carrying injection oil is definately a plus. I also don't like having to back off on a long lake because you are worried about melting down a cylinder, that piece of mind is worth the extra weight. I love my Apex, but I still enjoy jumping on a buddies 2-stroke. I would say my next machine will likely be a 4-stroke, but at the same time I wouldn't completely rule out a 2-stroke out.

If I was to buy a 2 stroke it wouldn't be a Yamaha. The engine is the only good thing in the Nytro. So take that away you still have a heavy i'll handling chassis and you take away the best part of it. I would much rather see the engine stay the exact same and a complete new chassis. Even better yet would be all new, but I love my Nytro engine.

Maybee, a Nytro body and chasis with an 800 2 stroke with monster power. Less weight and very nible, would be pretty great.

I would certainly have to consider it, especially if it was the modern return of the SRX.

Back