• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy an all new 2014 Yamaha sled if...

I sold my Apex rtx after I took out my 00sxr and was reminded how much nicer it was to have a sled that handled and was lighter. I was like you guys I loved my Apex thought yamahas were the best,only would ride yamahas as my main ride.

But that day I was so far ahead of my riding buddies with there Apex's I reilized yamahas handling was going the wrong way .

I even wrote a blog about it years ago on this site.

I hope they do something to get back on track . Give up on trying to fix the nytro and scrap it and start from the ground up and if that means getting some parts from cat then so be it .

I LOVE MY NYTRO XTX AND WOULD NEVER EVER GO BACK TO A 2 STROKE. With gas getting close to $4 per gallon when I was out riding in the Black Hills I had one my Nytro and my MM600 and the Nytro got 15mpg and the MM600 got 6 to 7 mpg makes a big difference.

Yes if its a new design. No if its an old engine in a new chasis :o| , like the all "new" SRX 120 :moon: . LOL What a big joke that is :die . the peeps that came out with that lamo idea should be selling tickets to the new godzilla movie !

Never would I return to a 2 stroke sled with all that oil under the hood and down under the suspension and on my clothes. With E-15 on the horizon and more emision control systems from EPA ,2 strokes will be obsolete overnight. It's coming to a trail near you.

I would have to think about it. You know what Yamaha is about. MOTORS. They would work out all the bugs before launching. I don't think Yamaha would have all the problems the other oems are having with DI 2 strokes because they do motors. I agree with some of the others on here Yamaha needs to upgrade chassis and suspensions before motors.

After towing so many 2 strokes, including my son's 05 GTX 550f that cut his season short, I am trying to get rid of the remaining 2 smokes.

After 4500Km, my sled has NEVER been towed. Just read my sig...

devinzz1 said:
my 2 stroker has 20000km on original engine and still running strong. who has a 4 stroke that even has that much?

Plenty of guys do....but you have to admit, it's is somewhat odd to see 2 strokes with that many kms or miles on them...almost unheard of in Doos. I've seen alot of Yammis with big kms on them and no issues...probably cause Yamaha knows how to build an engine. I don't see Yamaha going back to 2 stroke...I do love all of the aspects of my 4 stroke...except the weight, especially when I switch up with my buddies an feel how much lighter and easier to toss around their sleds are. Not having to add injector oil every ride is a huge plus for me...but if Yamaha did build a 2 stroke...I'm sure it would be awsome. The funny thing is..Yamaha built fuel and oil efficient 2 strokes with their 700 tripples...I'd love to see what they could do with DI. Personally I could go either way with Yamaha...but the grunt of their 4 stroke is just sooooo much fun, it'd be hard to go back. I loved my SRX, but I think my Nytro has more grunt and I love the 1050 motor!

devinzz1 said:
my 2 stroker has 20000km on original engine and still running strong. who has a 4 stroke that even has that much?

all the internal parts inside that engine are original too??

devinzz1 said:

I know of about ten right off the top of my head. My wifes Vector has 16,500 kilometers on it and never missed a beat. If your 2-smoke really has that many kilometers on it it is a one in a million and you better be carrying a leash. Your gonna need it. This is from a guy who could care less what anyone rides.

Back