• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha done with sleds

Buddy of mine contracted Yamalaris. He gained a lot of weight and became unreliable. His wife went to check on him one morning and he had spontaneously combusted in the night.

It's done.
There was a spat with Cat that led up to Yamaha throwing in the towel.
It is my understanding that Cat wouldn't agree to Yamaha marketing the new chassis with Yamaha bodywork, so then Yamaha said maybe they wouldn't agree to supplying Cat with the 998 engine package.
Cat then said maybe they wouldn't sell any chassis at all to Yamaha.
Yamaha decides to call it a day.
I heard Cat plans to use a Weber engine after 2025.
Reliable source or hearsay?

Too bad, hate to see Yamaha go. I wonder if there will be a 2025 Thundercat? The 2024 could be it for the Tcat with a Yamaha engine.

Whats happening??? I cant see through the exploding BRP two strokes!! Or is it Canadian wildfires....
Anyway, my unauthorized unreliable lying source says Yamaha is entering the most lucrative market on earth....introducing Yamapazine Psychotics antidepressants. "Withdrawals can last as long as our engines"
Might need some...sad day.

I am the Illinois snowmobile association president. This past June we hosted the International Snowmobile Congress. The only company that did not have a sled there was Yamaha. This is what I was afraid of what might be happening. I was hoping that they just couldn't find a sled. I took a picture of the other three but I am to stupid to figure out how to load it up on here. Talking with the head spokesman for ISMA he said that Yamaha was fine. This tear's my heart out. I keep thinking I should sell my 2022 Winder GT. Unlike some of you I am worried about the parts availability. Maybe this is the swan song for me. I had the oppurtunity to be the MC for the Congress and I hope I didn't hurt anybody's ears when I sang the anthems.

I am worried about the parts availability
I dont have any worry about parts for the foreseeable future.
Clutch's would be the only thing that would be a slight concern.

One upside it that we have an Arctic Cat Chassis, so as long as the engine lasts we have millions of dead 2 stroke sleds to cannabilize. Also, even if Yamaha stops making parts Cat will still have stuff we can use. It sucks but I know the guys on this forum will adapt and overcome.

I am the Illinois snowmobile association president. This past June we hosted the International Snowmobile Congress. The only company that did not have a sled there was Yamaha. This is what I was afraid of what might be happening. I was hoping that they just couldn't find a sled. I took a picture of the other three but I am to stupid to figure out how to load it up on here. Talking with the head spokesman for ISMA he said that Yamaha was fine. This tear's my heart out. I keep thinking I should sell my 2022 Winder GT. Unlike some of you I am worried about the parts availability. Maybe this is the swan song for me. I had the oppurtunity to be the MC for the Congress and I hope I didn't hurt anybody's ears when I sang the anthems.
Cat will have parts for chassis for along time. Yamaha uses motor in sxs’s and lots of aftermarket motor builders and parts builders so they will be fine too. Adapting to a diff clutch is only issue down the road.

download.jpg

Cat will have parts for chassis for along time. Yamaha uses motor in sxs’s and lots of aftermarket motor builders and parts builders so they will be fine too. Adapting to a diff clutch is only issue down the road.
Yeah, but what about color matches body panels & decals.... Woe is me. Haha

Back