• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA SELLS OUT NYTRO MOTOR

Just looked......can you get that 2 up seat for the viper....the wife wants a 2up......man we could get two new sr vipers

Now I just need to sell her 02 viper er

So. I am a bit confused......is Cat going to have a turbo version of the nytro motor (1049) for next season? The viper will just be normally aspirated, correct?

So far the SR Viper and AC is NA (unless there is a late release we don't know about). It would be easy for AC to turbo it as there are a number of proven and reliable turbo setups already available. They would just have to reconfigure it to fit their motor. They are probably working on it as we speak

srxrob said:
So. I am a bit confused......is Cat going to have a turbo version of the nytro motor (1049) for next season? The viper will just be normally aspirated, correct?

I don't think that would sit well with Yamaha loyalists. One of my informants eluded to the fact that Yamaha would have a turbo version of this model within a year....I'll believe it when I see it. But then again if someone would have told me this Yama/Cat was going to be realistic a couple years ago I would have laughed at them in disbelief.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Daranello said:
It's too bad, because the other post had a great discussion going on without anyone "bashing"

Sorry Daranello......This looked like the First Thread he posted, so I deleted the other one....was too much work to C&P that stuff into one big thread.

Just repost what you had on the other one if it needs to be on this one
:sled1:

It's all good!.. ;)!

I saw in this pic a 2 up seat attachment

Attachments

• 481042_466908276698274_866760660_n.jpg
    481042_466908276698274_866760660_n.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 137
this one has a nice bumper

Attachments

• 76005_466764563379312_1706010979_n.jpg
    76005_466764563379312_1706010979_n.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 126
shorter windshield, luggage bags. I like short windshields myself, I know a lot of others who do not. I like that windshield better than the stock one.

We changed a belt on the 2013 1100 turbo last night and that is a pain in the #*$&@. The cat people should be begging them to use our clutch.

Looks like cat may have changed the clutch to cool it down more. Maybe they are using there clutch with some modifications by seeing what Yamaha does.

sledhead23 said:
are those graphics available from Yam or are the aftermarket

They are available through Yamaha. Those graphics are shown in the accessory flyer that was included in the 2014 Yamaha clothing and accessory catalog that was available at the 2014 showing last week in Mpls. They're offering a few different accessory graphic packages for the Vipers along with windshields, storage and luggage bags, etc. I'm sure that dealers will have all this product info shortly.

That sled looked really sharp in person.

Back