• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Minnesota Ride

Not sure what our plan is yet. Kid has a ball game Thursday night and wife is flying back in from a work trip in California Friday so..... Depending on all that we might run up Saturday morning and try to find the group but probably won't know until Friday.

Hope the warm spell didn't have an impact up there!
How many people are going to attend? Speak up folks!
Plenty of snow yet for trail riding north of the Iron Range, not quite enough for fun powder play though. I've been out just about every day in the past week racking up miles on the Viper.

I haven't been up there for a few weeks, but the DNR website lists the Taconite and Arrowhead trails in good shape. NOAAs snow dept map shows a fair amount of snow.I'm sure I can find a swamp to get Brandon stuck in again.

I haven't been up there for a few weeks, but the DNR website lists the Taconite and Arrowhead trails in good shape. NOAAs snow dept map shows a fair amount of snow.I'm sure I can find a swamp to get Brandon stuck in again.

Just got back in from Ely, enough snow on the trails and a surprising amount in “the swamp” looks like quite a few tracks coming out from the river by the Babbitt /Taconite Spur! ALL the lake trails are in horrible shape, nothing but giant roller coasters from all the high winds lately.

I’m officially in, Vacation was approved so I’ll be around Friday and Saturday. So far weather looks good, 5*f Friday and 10*f Saturday for highs.

The final countdown is on! I will driving to Ely on Thursday. Who will be staying with me at the house? I know of 3 people so far that have texted me personally.

As mentioned, I am reserved at the Junction Inn.
Look forward to riding with new peeps.

Ugh. We had something unexpected come up and I need to stay back and “babysit” our girls. I won’t be making this one.

I am very bummed. Have a good time. Ride em like you stole em.

The final countdown is on! I will driving to Ely on Thursday. Who will be staying with me at the house? I know of 3 people so far that have texted me personally.
How far from the Junction Inn is your house?
Where is any meeting point for a group ride?
Thanks.

Back