• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Minnesota Ride

Years past - the ride leaves from Andy’s place on the lake.

Years past - the ride leaves from Andy’s place on the lake.
Sounds like we may have a larger group than years past, so it might be better to meetup in Babbitt. I’m also happy to park/unload in Babbitt and lead those at the Junction INN to Andy’s on Friday Morning. Saturday I’m planning on riding up from Eveleth with a buddy who just got a Viper MTX

...I’m also happy to park/unload in Babbitt and lead those at the Junction INN to Andy’s on Friday Morning.
That would be awesome and very helpful.
Anybody know if thereis fuel near the Hotel? Need to fill my XTX up off of the trailer.
I don't have a gas door on my trailer and the hoses are too short these days.

That would be awesome and very helpful.
Anybody know if thereis fuel near the Hotel? Need to fill my XTX up off of the trailer.
I don't have a gas door on my trailer and the hoses are too short these days.
Yep, not far from the Inn, they have swipecard pumps too for after hours.

Could you post a tentative itinerary?

My Wife & I will be in Ely Saturday evening saddle bagging from Grand Rapids.
We're taking the Taconite all the way.

Would be nice to meet up Saturday evening or?
Or, if you see a green ZR4000 & a black/white XF7000 on the trail, wave. That would be us.

We'll be on the look for a pack of Yamahas too.

Hope to hook up some how with every one.
We'll be heading back to Grand Rapids Sunday morning. Cheers.

Sounds like we may have a larger group than years past, so it might be better to meetup in Babbitt. I’m also happy to park/unload in Babbitt and lead those at the Junction INN to Andy’s on Friday Morning. Saturday I’m planning on riding up from Eveleth with a buddy who just got a Viper MTX

I was going to say those who are my house we can ride over to the Junction Inn on Friday morning. It's not a far ride at all. What time does everybody want to meet?

I was going to say those who are my house we can ride over to the Junction Inn on Friday morning. It's not a far ride at all. What time does everybody want to meet?
That would be cool.
9ish? 10ish?
I'm open.

Let's say 10 am Friday morning. What time will you be getting to the motel on Thursday? I was thinking that the 2 of us at my house that night could ride over for a bit. My cell number is 763-439-5748. Anybody riding feel free to text or call. I'll be leaving my house in Anoka around 10 am tomorrow morning.

10am sounds good.
I'll probably head out around noon or 1pm today (thursday) and might fart around for a bit on my XTX when I get there, and fill it with gas.

Hope you all had a good ride! My girlfriend came home for the weekend so I ended up staying in Duluth and we rode up the shore to Castle Danger on Saturday. Trails are getting VERY thin in this area due to the heavy amounts of traffic.

Had a great time. Thanks to Andy for leading us around to places I haven't snomobiled to in over a decade.
Nice to meet Andy, Rob, Brandon and William.

I sure had a great time! It was cold, the riding was hot! I was good to meet a couple of new faces, too. Saturday is longest ride I've been on in a long time, 277 miles just that day alone.

I might head up that way the weekend of March 3rd.
Hope the new snows sticks around til then!

Back