• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020-2021 season, Sidewinder testing and racing. Hit my goal of 140+mph

Yes, stock suspension

I will be running stock header and then will install the Hurricane header and tunes after the first race to see the difference.
Great! I'm very interested to see what the sled picks up with the header. Please provide feedback!

Thanks bud!

Friday night the SW was switched from trail to asphalt in a matter of 5 hours, start to finish.
View attachment 161291
This truly shows terrys passion for the sport, he works all day&then after work he spends half the night to get this sled converted for summer drag racing&at the speeds he is running you have to be on your game wrenching on these machines as any mechanical error could have drastic consequences ,on top of that he has a prostock sled to work on& still finds time to share alot of info that many racers would keep secret,congrats on getting your sleds to really rip!!Its always fun to read about your latest tweaks& races, will be talking to you soon as the snows finally gone& its time to get my clutches sent in!!

Hmm mud flap not sucked in reverse? Seem to remember a REVERSE roost with flap included LOL Good memories

This truly shows terrys passion for the sport, he works all day&then after work he spends half the night to get this sled converted for summer drag racing&at the speeds he is running you have to be on your game wrenching on these machines as any mechanical error could have drastic consequences ,on top of that he has a prostock sled to work on& still finds time to share alot of info that many racers would keep secret,congrats on getting your sleds to really rip!!Its always fun to read about your latest tweaks& races, will be talking to you soon as the snows finally gone& its time to get my clutches sent in!!

Well said Brotherdan! The passion that Terry has along with his business partner Tim is astounding. Not only for racing but also what they put into their business and sharing their hard earned knowledge with us.

I've referred quite a few of my riding buds to them who want to increase the performance of their sleds and they've been very happy with the support and results.

It's nice to have a top quality company like theirs who's always available with top quality parts and support to get the most out of our sleds and also supports TY.

Good luck with the asphalt season Terry!

Last edited:

Well said Brotherdan! The passion that Terry has along with his business partner Tim is astounding. Not only for racing but also what they put into their business and sharing their hard earned knowledge with us.
I've referred quite a few of my riding buds to them who want to increase the performance of their sleds and they've been very happy with the support and results.
It's nice to have a top quality company like theirs who's always available with top quality parts and support to get the most out of our sleds and also supports TY.
Good luck with the asphalt season Terry!

Thank you so much!

I strive to get my sled to my liking and not have any issues....as we all know that when you have issues, it's irritating and isn't fun anymore. But it's not just keeping the information to myself as I want everyone to go fast, be safe, put on lots of miles and enjoy their sleds.

Hang tight as I will be running this Sidewinder down the track this Sunday at Mid Michigan Motorplex and will update you on times and speeds from time slips and datalog.

4/27/21

Went to the track and thought I was all set to make some passes on the new tunes.....well, that didn't happen as there is this little thing that the sled needed to run, which was left at home....it's called a key. :o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|:o|

Talk about kicking myself in the #*$&@. The thought on hotwiring came to mind, but then didn't want to screw anything up. 5 more races yet this season and plenty of test and tune time.

The Pro Stock sled did not run good either as the Makita batteries must have taken a crap over the off-season. :mad:

Well at least you can laugh about it.

Disbelief.gif

Ouch! I bet the spare key will always be in the trailer now. When the wife and I go on saddlebag trips I always bring spare keys.

Where are you running on the asphalt? I’d love to come watch as I’m a new Winder owner and have been following your posts. And I’m only 70 miles from you, as the crow flies. Lol

Ouch! I bet the spare key will always be in the trailer now. When the wife and I go on saddlebag trips I always bring spare keys.

Yes, definitely!

Where are you running on the asphalt? I’d love to come watch as I’m a new Winder owner and have been following your posts. And I’m only 70 miles from you, as the crow flies. Lol

We race at Stanton (Mid Michigan Motorplex), but we also do testing at other tracks when time allows us to do so.

Race #1 SUN, 25 APR AT 10:30 EDT MSADRA ****Completed****

Race #2 SAT, 22 MAY AT 15:30 EDT MSADRA

Race #3 FRI, 25 JUN-26 JUN MSADRA (2-day event)

Race #4 SAT, 10 JUL AT 15:30 EDT MSADRA

Race #5 SAT, 7 AUG AT 15:30 EDT MSADRA

Race #6 FRI, 27 AUG-28 AUG MSADRA - FINAL POINTS (2-day event)

5/22/21 Mid Michigan Motorplex
Temps were very warm, 86-88° and humid
Gusty winds at 25mph at times

First thing is, I remembered the darn key this time...lol

The sled pulled the skis a little more than last year. Suspension setup is the exact same as last year (I have an extra rear stock suspension setup for asphalt).

Best pass on my Sidewinder was a 5.97 @ 114.11mph in the 1/8th mile. That was with the EVO stage 4, Thunder Products Clutching, EVO blow off valve, EVO charge tubes and EVO Captain's choice exhaust.

Now, with the Hurricane bundle tunes and same aftermarket products as before (except the EVO Stage 4 tune). The SW best pass on Saturday was a 6.22 @ 113mph set on 300. This is not with the header as the header will be going on now along with the header tunes. Datalogger showed a 1/4 mile mph pass at 134mph. Don't have the timeslip...but will post later.

Back