• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020-2021 season, Sidewinder testing and racing. Hit my goal of 140+mph

The 135s were all big turbo sleds as well from what I was told [/QUOTE]

There is a few stock turbo, pump gas guys running mid 130s. Different days, different conditions, different sleds .

TD speedometer doesn’t need a cell phone service, works off satellites, has a small flat antenna. Where I mostly ride no cell service. Can’t beat it just saying!

TD speedometer doesn’t need a cell phone service, works off satellites, has a small flat antenna. Where I mostly ride no cell service. Can’t beat it just saying!
You don't need cell service for the Dragy.

Just saying I've had both, way more options with the Dragy and half the price.

How long does it take the draggy to link up? My TD GPS is taking half hour sometimes more the last few times I've tried to use it.
do you have constant power going to the antenna? I Never have trouble getting signal however, lately when i set the stage button it starts straight away instead of when the sled moves. Sometimes i have to shut the sled down and press the stage button and it will work. Ironic because you would think starting the sled would trigger it.
I do like the looks of this Dragy though. Can Never have enough Data! Add it to the grocery list!

The MPH reads that 132 cause I was already off of the throttle (notice the throttle position is not 100%). The 132MPH is in real time as the 142MPH was max.

Going through the file again, the speed and MAX track speed were the same at 142MPH, I just needed to "stretch" out the data lines further which makes it easier to read and pinpoint on.

@0degC If I put in a SIM card, would the I-Pad have an app to have GPS so I can get rid of my other GPS?
Not sure, but don’t think so. The TD gps is a great combination with the gap data.( The draggy looks good also. ) the gap speed data is only as accurate as your sled speedo and traction you have. It’s a ok reference but when I’m tuning I never pay much attention to the speed data from the flasher, the gps stuff is much better.

Copi Trail is GPS based and more accurate .

As all of you know, I like to ride my sled and race it also.

This sled was crate loaded in the back of my truck in Minnesota, brought home and was doing clutch testing right away in October of 2016.
From then, it went to EVO Powersports to get a flash, exhaust and boost gauge. Ran EVO's tunes till January, 2021.
Every year has been winter trail riding, off-trail fun and swapped over to asphalt to race the MSADRA series in in summer in Michigan.

This past weekend was a huge success for me as I met my goal of 140+mph (142mph on datalogger with GPS) out of a stock suspension, stock clutches and full bodied sled.... just like off of the showroom floor! Best part is I am not studded, picked or running any kind of speed track. I am 100% XTX 141 with a Cobra 141/1.6 track, 21/41 gearing and stock everything except for EVO exhaust, Thunder Products Clutching components, EVO charge tubes & EVO BOV and Hurricane 300 flash with closed loop. Using a Redline 40R4313 belt and loving it!

Temps were around 30°, wind was about 8-10mph, skies were blue and the snow was settled and crusted with soft snow underneath.....
Every 660ft run was 130-132mph while drag racing and then I was wondering about top mph. Hmmm, I scouted out a path and went for it. When I stopped and checked my data, I was smiling! Everyone was like..."Man, you were movin!!!!"

Love the sled after all the little things have been addressed
Some pics from new till now...

View attachment 160432 View attachment 160433 View attachment 160434 View attachment 160435 View attachment 160436

Here is one video out of several that was showing the skis didn't touch at all.

So, what you're saying is....you want a machz!!!
LOL!! Great post!

Copi Trail is GPS based and more accurate .
Just use a straight GPS speedometer, specially made for speed, not a addition to some other electronics! Way more accurate compare it to Radar that works good to. You like copi trail because it reads high.

I've had the TD gps read 300 mph so it's not always accurate . Lol

Not saying Copi Trail is better just that it is GPS based where the flasher Speedo based.

Copi trail so far has been very accurate when compared with a stalker radar gun.

Last edited:
Is this suitable for the outside elements that we will be using it in? Waterproof, cold proof?

Just use a straight GPS speedometer, specially made for speed, not a addition to some other electronics! Way more accurate compare it to Radar that works good to. You like copi trail because it reads high.

yup, have my gps right on the handlebar and read 140

I have my I-Pad switched over to read a 6 view window now, switched over to the black background instead of the white background and cleaned up a couple of things.

TD gauge ready to go now and also a Go Pro hero 8 with GPS. Problem is...no snow :(

Will be doing a video of the entire sled this week, front to back showing what I all have.

Back