• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

According to yamaha, no hyfax overheating problem on XTX '11

Revers picture

Attachments

• _DSC5673.jpg
    _DSC5673.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 129

got my scratchers in on my '11 xtx. looks similar to roger xtxs but with a cable and black coating, its mounted on the skid with a 3/8ths bolts and a replacement tip which looks like a carbide, 100 bucks for it but it beats worrying about the sliders 99.99% of the time

I just got back from a 100km ride . The hardest part was getting to the good snow. I left from my house and had to travel around 4-5 km before we really hit the good stuff. I LOVE THIS SLED !! :4STroke:

Ok , now for the results . These things create a snow storm for your skid ! My buddy had a hard time staying close to me due to the blizzard LOL. No additional hyfax wear from my last ride . The skid was full of snow on the Hard packed road while the skid on my friends Gade was dry. They WORK !!

No Gopro this time but we did get some iphone footage .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4PX4dr4xE

FrostyNutz said:
I just got back from a 100km ride . The hardest part was getting to the good snow. I left from my house and had to travel around 4-5 km before we really hit the good stuff. I LOVE THIS SLED !! :4STroke:

Ok , now for the results . These things create a snow storm for your skid ! My buddy had a hard time staying close to me due to the blizzard LOL. No additional hyfax wear from my last ride . The skid was full of snow on the Hard packed road while the skid on my friends Gade was dry. They WORK !!

Frosty,

Could you tell me who makes the scratchers you are using and where you bought them?

Also, do you think they are necessary to always have them or only in low snow conditions?

frosty, after seing your video and latest pictures, I think that the tip of the scratcher is too close to the ski so the spray is outside your belley pan. The mist of ice and snow will not go under the pan and therfore not reach the slides.

Do the test on very hard pack snow or on ice and see by yourself!

DF... They are a Kimpex kit part # 101310 . I don't think they will be required in fresh snow over 3-4" . Anything less and I will have them down :)

Nordik.... they seem to kick up enough snow to cover the pan and the entire skid for that matter LOL. Time will tell ;)!

Damn that camera is disgusting...Those scratchers definitely look like they are worth a try...how do they affect turning?

FrostyNutz said:
DF... They are a Kimpex kit part # 101310 . I don't think they will be required in fresh snow over 3-4" . Anything less and I will have them down :)

Well, I'm usually good at finding things online but I can't find that part number anywhere. Could you steer me in the right direction? Where can I buy them?

Also, I noticed you put the Ohlins shocks up front. Have you tried the stock shocks?

What model did you get for the XTX? Same as for the standard 2010
Apex?

EPS is a wonderful thing lol. No extra effort required to turn at any speed. I had to keep looking down to see if they were still in storage position when I had them up.

I will be adding a better catch on the ski to hold them in storage position. One popped out after some rough trail junk. No doubt it was the ski flexing that caused it. I'll fix that tomorrow before I go riding again :)

Your right ,,,, I couldn't find that number either ,wtf ? It's plain as day on the package. Anyway ,, I did a quick search and found the same kit here .

http://www.shadetreepowersports.com/cgi ... &persLink= &shipRemaining=0&daysBetween=0&daysBetweenFix=0&monthsBetween=0

The Ohlins are incredible !! Part # YA655 Scan Spec. I found them for an excellent price so I didn't use the stockers at all. Should help with resale value so I can get a few bucks back . We got into some rough stuff today and this thing turned it all into asphalt ,,, it's 10 times better than I expected . I'm very happy with this sled !! The rear was a little stiff but I can work on that.

Frosty,

Ok, I see the same kit in a few places but it seems they are supposed to be installed on the skid/frame and not the skis. Did you decide to install them on the skis? Dennis Kirk has what appears to be the same kit from a company called RSI.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId=

Also at Royal Dist.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/i ... Number=165

The pictures look the same as the link you gave me. Why did you decide to install them on the skis? It makes sense to me, just was wondering how you came to that decision.

^^ Yes,, they are designed to mount on the tunnel. I mounted mine on the skis for several reasons.

-I saw the thread by Crewchief that gave me the idea. His design is also ski mounted but uses a smaller spring. It also requires a mount to be bolted to the ski.
-The front wear points on the skid will recieve no extra snow spray when mounted on the tunnel as per the instructions.
- The heat exchangers are not in the line of fire like they are with the ski mount.
-I didn't like the thought of a steel rod that close to my track . An off camber landing or a scrub against something could bend them into the skid/track.
-The general concensus is that tunnel mounted scratchers vibrate the crap out of your feet.
-If you do back up you have 0 chance of saving the scratcher and a much greater chance of damaging your track or suspension. They will rotate mounted on the ski , if they do bend or break then no harm done.
-I started riding in 1976 and this is the first time I felt I needed scratchers. Global warming ? Anyway ,, I guess that allowed me to think outside the box lol.

The pros outweighted the cons "IMO" :Rockon:

Back