• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket clutch weight testing from this weekend

Shagman told me not to bother with the extra 1/4 in the heel, that due to where the extra weight ends up it doesn't end up doing anything for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's not much but it allows you to bottom out the 3/4 slug on it so it hangs out on the heel. I know you can get away with locktite on it and still hang it out but it's a little more comfortable an accurate to snug it down on the 1/4" slug. I'm little more biased to heel weight from the start of the turbo Suzuki/cat days. I'm also on a 129" and studded aggressive.

It's not much but it allows you to bottom out the 3/4 slug on it so it hangs out on the heel. I know you can get away with locktite on it and still hang it out but it's a little more comfortable an accurate to snug it down on the 1/4" slug. I'm little more biased to heel weight from the start of the turbo Suzuki/cat days. I'm also on a 129" and studded aggressive.

Your correct. In your application of a heavily studded track the extra heel weight will help you. It all depends on traction. Every setup can be tweaked to what a sled and rider need/want. I know on asphalt the extra 1/4” didn’t do anything for me as traction is better than snow and I wasn’t having any belt slipping anyway even though there is full hookup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jafo - What were your rpms through the range? You might want to just put 2 thick washers added to the tip instead of the 2 thin washers. That will bring you down 300 rpms.

8,800 -8,950 -9200? (stabbing throttle down low to top speed)

might he benefit from going up to the 63gr version?

also...what primary spring jafo and others?

63 gram weight would give him a little more adjust-ability if he went more hpr, but I think after that....it's probably just used for racing purposes. Think he's good with the 58 gram base and load up the weight.

I’ve ran all the way up to 19.2# boost on 58g weights with still some room to add more. I don’t think you need to make the jump until you get above 300 hp. I was also running a really stiff primary spring.

I'm using the orange thunder primary spring from the big venom kit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve ran all the way up to 19.2# boost on 58g weights with still some room to add more. I don’t think you need to make the jump until you get above 300 hp. I was also running a really stiff primary spring.

what if I already have the 63gr base and say a comparable program to jafo? same aggressive studding....was thinking of the black green primary..have the orange tp secondary spring and a 37 degree helix or of course stock helix...

what if I already have the 63gr base and say a comparable program to jafo? same aggressive studding....was thinking of the black green primary..have the orange tp secondary spring and a 37 degree helix or of course stock helix...

I’ll look up spring and let you know what I think to start.

Ok. That spring is a little less than the one I’m running. And a heavier base weight. I would start at.
7/16 steel plus thick washer in tip.
3/8 steel in mid.
3/4 alone or 3/4 plus 1/4 set screw in heel.

Wrap the 37* helix at 6-1 and hold on when you come off studder. You should be able to set antilag at 3000-3100 with this setup.

Ok. That spring is a little less than the one I’m running. And a heavier base weight. I would start at.
7/16 steel plus thick washer in tip.
3/8 steel in mid.
3/4 alone or 3/4 plus 1/4 set screw in heel.

Wrap the 37* helix at 6-1 and hold on when you come off studder. You should be able to set antilag at 3000-3100 with this setup.

would 7/16 in tip with two thick be similar to your mid and tip mentioned?

would 7/16 in tip with two thick be similar to your mid and tip mentioned?

It will probably pull rpms down a little more. But still might be ok. Part of it is the 37* helix will also pull rpms down on the big end. I tried a 35/39 and didn’t like it. 39 was definitely too steep. I want to try a 33/37.

It will probably pull rpms down a little more. But still might be ok. Part of it is the 37* helix will also pull rpms down on the big end. I tried a 35/39 and didn’t like it. 39 was definitely too steep. I want to try a 33/37.

was this with a btx? could some of that be the gearing and drivers?

Stock btx gears makes this better. Higher ratio. Tried it on asphalt also with 27/43 gears. Just not a good combo with our weights.

Back