• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket clutch weight testing from this weekend

I love my 35/39 helix. Holds rpm really good. I'm a shorty also. Running TP primary spring and there secondary spring. I tried a 38 straight and didn't care for it.

I love my 35/39 helix. Holds rpm really good. I'm a shorty also. Running TP primary spring and there secondary spring. I tried a 38 straight and didn't care for it.
what did you not like about it? I have one from STM my boy last year ran with a cat secondary spring,but we wrapped it to tight,and it slipped out of hlix hole and was chewing up the inside spring land of the helix,but with loans orange spring I would give it another try,if I thought it would work ok.

what did you not like about it? I have one from STM my boy last year ran with a cat secondary spring,but we wrapped it to tight,and it slipped out of hlix hole and was chewing up the inside spring land of the helix,but with loans orange spring I would give it another try,if I thought it would work ok.

I tried it last year so if I remember right it struggled in the mid range with rpm and took a little longer to reach peak rpms. The 35/39 was snappier and better cruising rpm and better mpg. The 38 was a STM and my 35/39 is a Dalton also.

I tried it last year so if I remember right it struggled in the mid range with rpm and took a little longer to reach peak rpms. The 35/39 was snappier and better cruising rpm and better mpg. The 38 was a STM and my 35/39 is a Dalton also.
Thanks Jafo1970,right now,i changed things around some,so primary loaded with STM supertips to 80 grms,same as last year,but loans orange primary,i did try dales blk/green,to much engagement,and I still yet have his blue/blk to try later,ok back to clutching 2017 lol secondary now stock 35 loans orange at 3&3 with stock 8jp belt from last year,with 720 miles on,and still looks very good,all I have is engagement 3000 cant open up yet,so hoping for 9150 shifted for my stage 4 tune and CAI,22/41 geared so we will see how this shakes out.

Tim and Terry, any clutching updates from your ride/testing last weekend?

Heavy hitter weight setup was spot on with the new secondary orange spring. Engagement for me was 2,650 - 2,800 with a top rpm of 9,000 - 9,050

Trail to Copper Harbor in sections was nice and flat, speeds up to 128 on the speedo before backing off.

Sled is a monster

Heavy hitter weight setup was spot on with the new secondary orange spring. Engagement for me was 2,650 - 2,800 with a top rpm of 9,000 - 9,050

Trail to Copper Harbor in sections was nice and flat, speeds up to 128 on the speedo before backing off.

Sled is a monster
What did Tim find with Powertrail/orange/orange and the thin washer in the tip?

Waiting to try mine with TP orange secondary wrapped at 3-3.
Already had the TP clutch kit and 35/39 in it last season wrapped at 6-1. Rpms would be 8700-9000 at first grab, but settled down to 8500. Was told this was a little low and should take tip weight out. Am assuming I should try it again with the new secondary spring before actually messing with the weights, though now?

Waiting to try mine with TP orange secondary wrapped at 3-3.
Already had the TP clutch kit and 35/39 in it last season wrapped at 6-1. Rpms would be 8700-9000 at first grab, but settled down to 8500. Was told this was a little low and should take tip weight out. Am assuming I should try it again with the new secondary spring before actually messing with the weights, though now?
Ditch the 39 finish .

What did Tim find with Powertrail/orange/orange and the thin washer in the tip?

Here is the setup.
Orange primary spring.
58g base weight
Tip 7/16 steel bolt with thick washer
Mid 3/8 steel bolt
Heel 3/4 set screw

Secondary
Orange spring set 3-3

8900-9000 rpm

Gates carbon belt in 8jp length.

Sled is a BTX LE with 2 1/4 track with 26/48 gearing.
Several runs over 120 mph on groomed snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the setup.
Orange primary spring.
58g base weight
Mid 3/8 steel bolt
Heel 3/4 set screw

Secondary
Orange spring set 3-3

8900-9000 rpm

Approx 70.3 gm ???

Ditch the 39 finish .
Uh, ok. But why? There's a few members here who happen to like the 35/39 and recommended it to me. What don't you like about it and what would you recommend for me? Other than the clutching, I'm stock (no tune.)

Here is the setup.
Orange primary spring.
58g base weight
Mid 3/8 steel bolt
Heel 3/4 set screw

Secondary
Orange spring set 3-3

8900-9000 rpm

Shagman, thanks!

Uh, ok. But why? There's a few members here who happen to like the 35/39 and recommended it to me. What don't you like about it and what would you recommend for me? Other than the clutching, I'm stock (no tune.)
Your under reving .Get the 33/35

Approx 70.3 gm ???

Yes. Some sled might need a little adjustment from here due to sled length, rider weight, and base weight difference. Base weights are matched up so sets are balanced, but can differ in weight a little. Mine are exactly 58.8g.

Back