• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

I love the concept, but the bigger issue for me with the heated design is the amount of oil its dumping into the airbox, and in turn onto the primary clutch and belt, causing belt squeal. I thought about "downgrading" to the old style, but after pulling off the charge tubes on the '18 and seeing the wonderful sludge the rov has left there for me to deal with, neither is ideal :-/

Part of me wanders if they excessive oil in air box is a result of frozen valve. 40 psi surge of pressure will certainly push bunch of oil into air box once valve un freezes. If tank is always vented you will never get that burst of pressure that could be forcing excess oil into the box. I'm going to clean out my air box today and monitor oil build up in box while running my bypass.

Part of me wanders if they excessive oil in air box is a result of frozen valve. 40 psi surge of pressure will certainly push bunch of oil into air box once valve un freezes. If tank is always vented you will never get that burst of pressure that could be forcing excess oil into the box. I'm going to clean out my air box today and monitor oil build up in box while running my bypass.
I eagerly await your results!! It would be awesome if this is THE solution!!!!!!!

After a while when the little hose to valve cover has been build up with the white/brown slime, I'm afraid it gonna freezing too.

When the little hose to valve cover has been build up with the white/brown slime, I'm afraid it gonna freezing too.

In 2 season we have not had any issue. The condensation occurs when you have hot air making contact with cold. Tank to valve cover does not have the temperature contrast to create condensation.

I dont have one yet, but that seems to be a very elegant solution to the problem.

Yep, had mine freeze and pop the oil tank this weekend.
Our all froze the same day they were catching fluid.. im over it.

I just read an older post where you installed a pressure valve to alarm for multiple Sidewinders beginning of the season. Any of these that froze had the alarm? If so why it didn't workout?

I just read an older post where you installed a pressure valve to alarm for multiple Sidewinders beginning of the season. Any of these that froze had the alarm? If so why it didn't workout?

The alarm worked great, problem is one froze on the fly and could not hear it and the other one the wife was on and it went off and popped before I could get to it.. my 2020 did not have alarm so that one popped and had no idea it was building pressure.

Ok wow thanks for the info. Saves me from installing one myself.

p.s. Can't help but laugh cause that sounds like something my wife would do. Forget to shut it off when she was warned about the possible beeping. lol

p.s. Can't help but laugh cause that sounds like something my wife would do. Forget to shut it off when she was warned about the possible beeping. lol

She new and is really good about it but it builds pressure so fast.. timing is everything. Thats why I just removed all that crap.. I resealed the tanks to many time as it is. Basically now you could seal the tanks with bubble gum, they never have to fight the rollover valve and spring.

This is the main reason I opted not to offer the alarm. The tank seal can still be compromised. The bypass is a much better solution as it actually vents the tank and takes care of problem itself.

Why is no one talking about the oil tank gasket? Can't it be used more than once? If so, why bother with bubble gum. ;)

From factory, there is no gasket. It is RTV silicone only. BOP offers an actual rubber gasket that can be re-used.

Yes which is why I mentioned it here. BOP Travis on his own '21 and Mr Sled seem not to be using it. Just wondering why cause I though it was a great idea.

Yes which is why I mentioned it here. BOP Travis on his own '21 and Mr Sled seem not to be using it. Just wondering why cause I though it was a great idea.

I dont feel the need. Not saying its not workable, I am sure its a great product but Silicone is cheaper..LOL

Back