• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

I removed my catch can last weekend and there wasn't a drop of water in it just oil i think it was the heated roll over valve not acting fast enough, ditched catch can any way

Our all froze the same day they were catching fluid.. im over it.

Our all froze the same day they were catching fluid.. im over it.
Ya i checked my drain hose, it must of been froze when it thawed it was full of water 3/8 hose 3' long

I'm moving forward with the tank to valve cover vent concept. Sent samples up to machine shop to get a batch made.

Many had talked to upgrading to the heated roll over valve so I wanted to see how well it worked. My 21 srx started dripping oil, so I'm not convinced the heated valve is the solution. Problem is you have to turn key on and let heater warm up before you actually start the sled. Even though I know this, I still start sled up forgetting to let heater warm for a bit.

This is the second season testing the concepts on my father's sidewinder and its been working fine.

I'm moving forward with the tank to valve cover vent concept. Sent samples up to machine shop to get a batch made.

Many had talked to upgrading to the heated roll over valve so I wanted to see how well it worked. My 21 srx started dripping oil, so I'm not convinced the heated valve is the solution. Problem is you have to turn key on and let heater warm up before you actually start the sled. Even though I know this, I still start sled up forgetting to let heater warm for a bit.

This is the second season testing the concepts on my father's sidewinder and its been working fine.
I'll take 1 when it's finished

Hi Travis, Couldn't you offer both solution? The warning beep should be cheap enough as an add-on for extra prevention and/or for the ones who has heated valve and let is heat up before starting?

Where you running your oil tank gasket on yours? If not, wondering what it would of happened? Built enough pressure to unblock the ice or bang somewhere else...

My sample plugs arrived and work very slick. Integrated the nipple into the cap. Just finished installing the kit on my 2021 srx. I have a few sample sets of these caps on hand and have an order in for a batch to be made. Will finalize pricing soon and get the kit on website for purchase this week.

plug 2.jpg
plug 1.jpg

You must be using that cap in conjunction with the stock roll over valve then.
Not enough breather for and engine turning 9000 rpm's with just the cap.

Could you vent the ROV in the valve cover too instead of the airbox? If so, why wouldn't it be done this way stock?

You must be using that cap in conjunction with the stock roll over valve then.
Not enough breather for and engine turning 9000 rpm's with just the cap.

Correct. His earlier post said this is a backup in case the ROV freezes.

Could you vent the ROV in the valve cover too instead of the airbox? If so, why wouldn't it be done this way stock?

The vent on the valve cover is much smaller. It would likely not handle the volume that passes through the rollover valve.

I love the concept, but the bigger issue for me with the heated design is the amount of oil its dumping into the airbox, and in turn onto the primary clutch and belt, causing belt squeal. I thought about "downgrading" to the old style, but after pulling off the charge tubes on the '18 and seeing the wonderful sludge the rov has left there for me to deal with, neither is ideal :-/

With the second tube going into the valve cover perhaps the pressure will be closer to neutral. The suction from the airbox won't pull much then?

Last edited:

Back