• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Frozen Roll Over Valve Solution

Yep, had mine freeze and pop the oil tank this weekend.
Do you think our screens are freezing in the catch can? Because mine popped this weekend too, i have the rubber gasket from travis ready to go in.What do you think of adding an oil pressure guage too the tank replacing the filler cap with the pressure sensor then we can monitor the pressure at all times

Do you think our screens are freezing in the catch can? Because mine popped this weekend too, i have the rubber gasket from travis ready to go in.What do you think of adding an oil pressure guage too the tank replacing the filler cap with the pressure sensor then we can monitor the pressure at all times

I think its the screens, I am over it and going with no rollover. tired of fixing the junk.

Helped 3 sidewinders at the hotel (borders inn) with frozen relays this morning. None of the people knew anything about the relays freezing.

Helped 3 sidewinders at the hotel (borders inn) with frozen relays this morning. None of the people knew anything about the relays freezing.
Do they make the red relays for the sidewinders?

Sorry , still have not gotten my parts to production.

My 21 srx is weeping oil so I'm not convinced the heated rollover valve acts fast enough. For it to work you must turn key on and not start sled for few minutes to give the heater a chance to unfreeze the valve. Pressure builds within seconds upon start up if the valve is frozen.

One of our 2021 srx had the rov freeze 2 weekends ago. It warmed up for 5 minutes before driving and then puked oil out everywhere. Luckily there was a canadaian tire that let me use there shop. Last week deleted rov in both srxs not worth it leaving them in.

One of our 2021 srx had the rov freeze 2 weekends ago. It warmed up for 5 minutes before driving and then puked oil out everywhere. Luckily there was a canadaian tire that let me use there shop. Last week deleted rov in both srxs not worth it leaving them in.

When you say you left it warm up for 5 minutes...was the engine running?

Heater is energized when key is on. Need to turn key on and let it sit for few minutes before even starting the sled.

Ya engine running. Don't really want to sit with the key on for 5 minutes in -30 I might not have the battery juice to start it running a heater for a few minutes. It didn't leak any oil at idle for the 5 minutes but 2km down the trail it was everywhere.

Sorry , still have not gotten my parts to production.

My 21 srx is weeping oil so I'm not convinced the heated rollover valve acts fast enough. For it to work you must turn key on and not start sled for few minutes to give the heater a chance to unfreeze the valve. Pressure builds within seconds upon start up if the valve is frozen.
Travis, off topic but do you sell the sonoid for the ohlins mono shock for a 2006 apex?

My 2021 LTX GT has tiny perforations in the hose between the oil tank and ROV. I was getting some residue around the connection on the tank and thought I had a leak. I disconnected the hose and removed the foam protector to check and discovered the perforations every 2” or so all along the hose. I believe these are like a relief in case the valve freezes but obviously they are not working. I haven’t had my ROV freeze because my sled sleeps in a heated garage. I think I will make a bypass and only install it when I go on my annual trip. The other solution someone suggested was to loosen/remove the filler cap on cold start ups. I’m sure if you block it with your thumb you will feel the pressure and the will know if the valve is frozen. It’s obvious Yamaha is working on a solution but I think they need to do more real world testing.

I think its the screens, I am over it and going with no rollover. tired of fixing the junk.
I removed my catch can last weekend and there wasn't a drop of water in it just oil i think it was the heated roll over valve not acting fast enough, ditched catch can any way

Back