• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bleeding brakes?

can anyone send pics for that brake,caliper and bearing removal that be nice!!!! i never did this and i didn’t see any pics or vids that would be nice!!!
I wish I would have taken some pic when I did it. I've done it twice now. Last year to swap tracks and the rotor came off easily together with the caliper. This year it gave me some trouble so I split the caliper so I could pry the rotor off and remove them separately. It really isn't that difficult, just takes time. I would remove the plastic rotor protector under the rotor so you can have better access for getting the rotor off. its only 4 rivets and worth your time.

I wish I would have taken some pic when I did it. I've done it twice now. Last year to swap tracks and the rotor came off easily together with the caliper. This year it gave me some trouble so I split the caliper so I could pry the rotor off and remove them separately. It really isn't that difficult, just takes time. I would remove the plastic rotor protector under the rotor so you can have better access for getting the rotor off. its only 4 rivets and worth your time.
Was JT helping you ??;)

Was JT helping you ??;)
No I don't have any friends that's why I do everything alone.:) Every time I have a friend help me work on my sleds it takes twice as long as it would if I did it myself.:dunno:

I left the cover off the reservoir over night and this morning it felt much better. The brake seams to be working fine now. I'm thinking that some more air worked itself out.

No I don't have any friends that's why I do everything alone.:) Every time I have a friend help me work on my sleds it takes twice as long as it would if I did it myself.:dunno:
Every time I have a friend help me work on my sleds I end up doing it the next day by myself hung over

I left the cover off the reservoir over night and this morning it felt much better. The brake seams to be working fine now. I'm thinking that some more air worked itself out.
Same thing when i had mine apart on my Viper

Update: I rode my sled for a few miles yesterday and hit the brakes a few times and now all is well. The brake lever movement now is minimal and is very firm. The brakes are better now than ever. I'm thinking whatever air that may have been in the line has worked itself out along with the caliper has adjusted better to the pads. I bled the brakes according to the manual and I did let it gravity bleed for some time also but it still took more time than I figured. No matter how much I bled them I never achieved the lever feel I wanted until I let it set and then use them a few times. My only advise would be don't expect perfection right away you need to give it some time and use.

When bleeding the brakes I found what worked best was to let it gravity bleed with the bleeder turned almost all the way out. It takes a while to get the caliber full.

When bleeding the brakes I found what worked best was to let it gravity bleed with the bleeder turned almost all the way out. It takes a while to get the caliber full.
Yup fill rezzy up put cover back on and crank the bars hard right. Open bleeder and watch. Air then trickle of fluid then steady stream. Done

Yup fill rezzy up put cover back on and crank the bars hard right. Open bleeder and watch. Air then trickle of fluid then steady stream. Done
I did that and I think it's the best way to do it. Unlike a car everything runs straight down to the caliper. Even though I still couldn't get the brake lever the way I wanted until I rode the sled and used the brake a few times .

I did that and I think it's the best way to do it. Unlike a car everything runs straight down to the caliper. Even though I still couldn't get the brake lever the way I wanted until I rode the sled and used the brake a few times .
I left the e brake on over night after bleeding and it worked perfect. Same thing as using the brakes for a bit.

I left the e brake on over night after bleeding and it worked perfect. Same thing as using the brakes for a bit.
Yup that always gets any last bit out for me. Just dont forget its on for more than overnight. Thats what ruined my Master I think.

Just flick the break lever several times rather than pressing it in all the way.

i don’t know guys if they’re a way to plug the hose when you remove the caliper to prevent from leaking fluid?

Maybe.. but you will still have air bubbles. Just bleed it and have it over with.
I also found flicking the brake line and taping the banjo bolt with a wrench got a lot of bubbles out.

Back