• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

f97f298ce08e8e26e130a890e47a1fbb.jpg

Thanks. My dealer didn't have any shims in stock, so I hogged out a doo shim with my die grinder to make the one I have in now. When they get stock this week I'll take it out another mm.

Anybody still blowing belts after the helix is shimmed out? I can easily see coil bind just looking at my secondary spring with the helix on. Lots of paint gone and rust dust.

Since the power of this sled is greater than most, and when launching hard or accelerating across a lake at high speed or landing from a jump,
the sudden stop of the track from landing with the throttle on or breaking traction than regaining it again can put tremendous loads on the belt and the chain case chain. which in turn cause either or too fail. As per 2012AC11t, maybe the solution to all this is a slipper gear like the sno cross guys use on there sleds. Just food for thought.

Gentlemen
I just ordered new non current 17 SW RTX-SE,
will it come stock 8JP Belt?
What will I have to do to set up for 8DN belt?(I know my Viper i removed washers).
Is there an update for the flat roller issue? Updates for belt blowing issues?
Thanks
Barney

Gentlemen
I just ordered new non current 17 SW RTX-SE,
will it come stock 8JP Belt?
What will I have to do to set up for 8DN belt?(I know my Viper i removed washers).
Is there an update for the flat roller issue? Updates for belt blowing issues?
Thanks
Barney
Get a secondary belt adjuster like the one one stop sells that will allow you to adjust to either belt. That's what I did and ended up going back to the 8JP as I felt it performed better

Check your offset, make sure it's within spec, eliminate coil bind in the secondary by spacing out the helix .060 or use a thunder products or dalton sidewinder secondary spring. I ran STM weights from day 1 and a shorter/softer primary spring. I ran the 8JP all year, never blew a belt, half the year I ran TD powertrail. As for the rollers I'm running the cat torlons, I have yamahas updated rollers in my toolbox.

Check your offset, make sure it's within spec, eliminate coil bind in the secondary by spacing out the helix .060 or use a thunder products or dalton sidewinder secondary spring. I ran STM weights from day 1 and a shorter/softer primary spring. I ran the 8JP all year, never blew a belt, half the year I ran TD powertrail. As for the rollers I'm running the cat torlons, I have yamahas updated rollers in my toolbox.

Well sad deekersrx700

Just an FYI, the replacement Yamaha rollers are not good either so pick up some good quality rollers. Im running TP rollers in mine and they are holding up to anything I throw at it

Well sad deekersrx700

Just an FYI, the replacement Yamaha rollers are not good either so pick up some good quality rollers. Im running TP rollers in mine and they are holding up to anything I throw at it

Putting the Turbo Dynamic Heavy Duty rollers in mine before I even ride my 18 RTX. I'll keep the stock(supposedly updated Yamaha rollers) as spares.

Well sad deekersrx700

Terry...I finally got my sled and at closer inspection these 18 rollers do look different then Toms 17 originals. I assume these are the new updated ones now. More squared off looking and a slight brownish color on sides(before use).

So these are not good either you are saying correct? I sorta had a feeling and did grab some OSP rollers(Torlon) for this winter.

thanks
Dan

Putting the Turbo Dynamic Heavy Duty rollers in mine before I even ride my 18 RTX. I'll keep the stock(supposedly updated Yamaha rollers) as spares.
Those are HI-Torque rollers. Different then most all the others which are a Torlon Material. Hi Torque were one of the first to come out with heavy duty rollers many many yrs ago, when all others were failing. They are a fiber type material(not torlon) and I ran them on Toms last season with great success. I feel they are a softer material then Torlon, but that may be a good thing since on many sleds all 3 rollers may not touch equally, and this material seems to do well in aiding that.

They include a washer for shim on outside as shown in pic.

Dan

IMG_8820.JPG
IMG_8821.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Guy's
So i'm looking at ordering the Thunder quick adjust, Thunder secondary rollers, but what secondary spring? at what settings?
Also Boy's how is the Thunder Hole Shot Helix? I have Ulmer on my Viper
Barney

Back