• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Belt

Those are HI-Torque rollers. Different then most all the others which are a Torlon Material. Hi Torque were one of the first to come out with heavy duty rollers many many yrs ago, when all others were failing. They are a fiber type material(not torlon) and I ran them on Toms last season with great success. I feel they are a softer material then Torlon, but that may be a good thing since on many sleds all 3 rollers may not touch equally, and this material seems to do well in aiding that.

They include a washer for shim on outside as shown in pic.

Dan

View attachment 131856 View attachment 131857
Looks kinda like the clutch bushings material.. That's cool!

oh ok, thanks Dan for the info on the rollers.

Last edited:
Terry...I finally got my sled and at closer inspection these 18 rollers do look different then Toms 17 originals. I assume these are the new updated ones now. More squared off looking and a slight brownish color on sides(before use).

So these are not good either you are saying correct? I sorta had a feeling and did grab some OSP rollers(Torlon) for this winter.

thanks
Dan

Yes, the stock replacements aren't holding up.

Just an FYI for those that have blown belts. I'm going through my clutches after blowing 3 belts on my trip last week. I'm pulling belt fibres out from underneath the washers on my STM weights. Unreal the force of these belts blowing. Make sure you give your clutches a good once over.

Those are HI-Torque rollers. Different then most all the others which are a Torlon Material. Hi Torque were one of the first to come out with heavy duty rollers many many yrs ago, when all others were failing. They are a fiber type material(not torlon) and I ran them on Toms last season with great success. I feel they are a softer material then Torlon, but that may be a good thing since on many sleds all 3 rollers may not touch equally, and this material seems to do well in aiding that.

They include a washer for shim on outside as shown in pic.

Dan

View attachment 131856 View attachment 131857

Hey Dan...dont hold me to this and my eyes are old...but it looks like you have the roller in backwards?

Hey Dan...dont hold me to this and my eyes are old...but it looks like you have the roller in backwards?
First off that is a pic from last season, as I am running torlons.

However, that is Toms sled, and those are installed properly...the thrust washer goes OUTWARD as shown.

Very nice rollers from western canada(BC?) and Holding up well for Tom. TD sells these too but they are actually made by HiTorque.

Dan

First off that is a pic from last season, as I am running torlons.

However, that is Toms sled, and those are installed properly...the thrust washer goes OUTWARD as shown.

Very nice rollers from western canada(BC?) and Holding up well for Tom. TD sells these too but they are actually made by HiTorque.

Dan

correct...thrust washer goes outward AND MACHINED STEP ON ROLLER INNER GOES AGAINST THRUST whereas it appears like the machined inner is facing away?

It was over a yr ago, I have no idea with these pics....I just followed his instructions.

I have not seen Tom at all, he has not come riding so far. But these rollers hold up well.

Yeah Edited this as Its been to long....trying to dig up old pics but cant find any that show better

Last edited:
Only one way to install these if you have common sense SJ.

Beveled edge and thrust washer wont work well together. ;)

I ran these on all mine and my buds DOO's....great conversations with Dan Salzmann over the years...the beveled or stepped edge is machined that way to reduce the surface area THAT GOES AGAINST the thrush washer for less friction..

Just trying to help the guy that helps all of us ;)

I ran these on all mine and my buds DOO's....great conversations with Dan Salzmann over the years...the beveled or stepped edge is machined that way to reduce the surface area THAT GOES AGAINST the thrush washer for less friction..

Just trying to help the guy that helps all of us ;)
I installed them exactly how he wanted...as I had a long talk with him about them.....

The ones I got looked nothing like the ones I had seen before, there was not any bevel like ones on his site.

have not even seen Tom since last winter, cant even look at it.

Has anyone blown a belt yet? Or am I the only one lol. First belt lasted 465km 8JP and exploded.
well your not alone my buddy.......450 kms belt busted like someone cut it with a knife..... plastics all busted .....can you say pissed or what..... has anyone tried to get replacement plastics through warranty....

Last edited:
well your not alone my buddy.......450 kms belt busted like someone cut it with a knife..... plastics all busted .....can you say pissed or what..... has anyone tried to get replacement plastics through warranty....

it might help if you post your setup...your weight...power level and driveline mods in detail...

Is anyone here running a belt adjuster. ?

I really think we are running the belts too tight. Quick rule is no higher then flush on the secondary.
Speaking from experience.

No go on replacement plastics. Unless you got an awesome dealer

Back