• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check out the new Yamaha RMAX4 & RMAX2 1000!!!

Going to assume the 850 and 1k are the same block, bigger piston/jug?

You know what they say about assumption......

maybe it’s a stroker motor or maybe it’s?

I remember running across some tech stuff saying the 1000 is similar to the 850 but it's actually not the same "base". As for being Subaru, don't really know, but Yamaha has a controlling interest in Subaru Industrial (since 2016) which built the 708 Griz/Yak/Wolverine motor.

I really can't say for sure if some of the parts for the 850 were sourced from Subaru. But I was at my dealer one day last summer and he showed me an 850 engine with a broken con rod. Less than 100 miles. That would lead me to think it does have parts from Subaru.

This was the machine that I couldn't wait for so in April of this year I bought a 2020 X2 XTR 850, at that time they we're priced low (covid) so I came out pretty much even when I sold it this weekend. It was a fun unit that I put just shy of 800 miles on.
Called my dealer yesterday and put some money down on a RMAX X2 LE, should be here in 6 to 8 weeks.

Picked her up today and put a windshield on, now I can Park it for the winter LOL
image.jpg

Last edited:
I really am thinking about ordering one. Wonder how much I could get for my 17 Wolverine. How long did it take to get the machine?

It seems they are trickling in very slowly to the dealers that have ordered them, the XTR & LE models are all sold before they even hit the showroom floor. some dealers have base models in stock.
I bought a 2020 XTR 850 in april and drove it 800 miles and sold it for $1000 more than I paid, then I put $500 down to hold this machine mid october

Im a little late to the party but these new RMAX machines are amazing! My only complaint is that we cannot get enough of them (like everything else right now)

Ordered a LE 2 seater for myself so hope to put a pile of miles on this summer if it ever gets here. LE and XTR models have been the biggest sellers for us.

Reached out to PY for 2021 Wolverine X4 in grey, cant even order one right now. Guess I may not get one this year??? Waiting to hear back from Mike if he can get any. :o|

Reached out to PY for 2021 Wolverine X4 in grey, cant even order one right now. Guess I may not get one this year??? Waiting to hear back from Mike if he can get any. :o|

Oh yeah we are in the same boat.

We have not had the opportunity to order SXS since November. April is supposedly when we will get the next chance. But who knows what they will give us? We only got half of what we asked for on our last ATV order.

We have not had the opportunity to order SXS since November. April is supposedly when we will get the next chance. But who knows what they will give us? We only got half of what we asked for on our last ATV order.
There is one dealer in Northern lower Michigan said if I give him 1k deposit this week he can get me one early May. May have to gamble and see if he can pull it off. Also wanted Yamaha roof, fold down windshield and back window. Thinks it is doable, may be my only hope.

I feel bad for you dealers, loosing big money on the lack of inventory from the manufacture. You can by these POS China sxs no problem, who wants to deal with that crap

Back