• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gaylord MI, **updated 1-30-2010**

poleclimber said:
But like i say they were pretty darn good for december... ;)!
Definately, and I have heard that the groomer was spotted down in Waters 2 nites ago. I'm going to try to check a trail crossing in town later this morning. So if Gaylord is being groomed things should be great everywhere in our area.

I rode the railroad grade from Indian River to Frederick this past monday the 14th. The worst conditions I have ever seen any trail. Three to four foot moguls in spots. Completety unacceptable. Took me at least a couple of extra hours due to the poor conditions. I was sweaty and furious from being pounded so bad when I arrived to my truck. Gaylord can claim the longest snowcross track in north america. It runs from Wolverine to Frederick. I was reluctant to go that way because of poor trails, but decided to give them a chance since it was a new year. Never again will I ride their trails until their club takes pride in what they do. I understand the whole volunteer issues/concerns, but the other clubs in the area get it done, ie Indian River, Harbor Springs, Jordan Valley, Lewiston and Grayling. They all face the same issues,but still get it done, not sure why Gaylord can't.
Despite that section, all other sections were great from starvation lake, jordan valley, indian river and towards harbor springs. Very light traffic.

rx1pat said:
I rode the railroad grade from Indian River to Frederick this past monday the 14th. The worst conditions I have ever seen any trail. Three to four foot moguls in spots. Completety unacceptable.

Agreed. However, the groomers are out now, have been for the last two days and have kept on going over the trails. It took a few swipes as rx1pat said, there were some pretty big rollers, anywaym trails are much better now. not perfect, but rideable. My damn kidneys hurt from last week :o| Problem now is we need more snow, if it warms up at all we are gonna have bare spots. Just came home from work a few hours ago though and rest assured the groomers were out again. Have fun, be safe. Chris, if you read this and want to get a ride in this weekend give me a call. We still need to do some shopping but I know the wife wants to get some miles on too.

Heyya Nick!

Had fun in Houghton with ya!
Gaylord had plenty of snow, the problem was a lack of grooming problem.
It appears their grooming problem has been rectified now.

Hi Poleclimber!
What has been happening with trail #76 between Elmira & Trail #765?
That section has consistently been terrible the last few years.
Someone said a bridge was out or something.
Any idea what's going on with it?

Groomer came down old 27 but the snow is not filling and packing in the whoops under the snow. If you have ever been up here during the summer the trails are far from flat. We need some snow but it is ridable.

Rockmeister said:
Heyya Nick!

Had fun in Houghton with ya!
Gaylord had plenty of snow, the problem was a lack of grooming problem.
It appears their grooming problem has been rectified now.

Hi Poleclimber!
What has been happening with trail #76 between Elmira & Trail #765?
That section has consistently been terrible the last few years.
Someone said a bridge was out or something.
Any idea what's going on with it?

Yea there was a bridge out and the groomer couldn't get down through there. Im almost posative that it's been fixed so it should be better than it has been... ;)!

Trails are rough over by starvation lake today. Lakes of the north were pretty smooth and much whiter then waters/gaylord. Lake effect snow all day but not much accumilation ~ maybe 1-1 1/2 total.

Rode from waters thru lewiston atlanta lovells and grayling back to waters. Great riding other then the whoops up old 27 (lack of snow as the groomers were out). Female fatality on 679 today though ~ bummer....

rx1pat said:
rock,

The bridge is fixed, no problem between chandler hills and larrys other than the lack of grooming.

Really didn't care about the bridge itself, more the total lack of grooming on that leg of the trail.

i don't think we have to worry about grooming anymore. We lost a lot of snow...im just getting back from work at 11pm and its 38 degrees. Supposed to get a little snow tonight but i think its too late now...we need a lot of snow!!!

Back