• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

Right on STAIN I don't know how anyone could say the ergo's on the delta box are better than the pro cross. I don't care how far you slide forward your knees are still in a better position than an Apex or any other delta box chassis( Nytro is a little better). When I sit on an older chassis I think to my self how did I ever ride on one of these as long as I did. You know why, it's all Yamaha had to offer. Now they offer a chassis which is on par or better than the competition but yet some stick with the old, oh well it's there problem. As for just throwing the 1049 in a pro cross chassis, get over it the Viper out performs any previous Yamaha in the handling and driving department. So that isn't saying much about the delta box that was built by Yamaha in Japan now is it.

I am not singling out just the delta box. All older sleds seem so awkward now that we have ridden something better

Right on STAIN I don't know how anyone could say the ergo's on the delta box are better than the pro cross. I don't care how far you slide forward your knees are still in a better position than an Apex or any other delta box chassis( Nytro is a little better). When I sit on an older chassis I think to my self how did I ever ride on one of these as long as I did. You know why, it's all Yamaha had to offer. Now they offer a chassis which is on par or better than the competition but yet some stick with the old, oh well it's there problem. As for just throwing the 1049 in a pro cross chassis, get over it the Viper out performs any previous Yamaha in the handling and driving department. So that isn't saying much about the delta box that was built by Yamaha in Japan now is it.

It’s the most comfortable chassis, not the best handling. The old viper will out handle a new viper on smooth trails every time.
It’s all about center of gravity.

LMFAO!
Small inventory’s are not good for consumers, this means higher prices.
Narrow variety of products, not good for anyone.
A company that sits back and does no R&D or product development won’t be around long.

I have never bought a first year engine anything, it’s just common sense.

You will never see another 4 cylinder in a snowmobile, but we can dream about a V4 cant we?

Here’s an idea, yamaha could just give Gus Bohn a couple million and let him design their new turbo 2 stroke. Get rid of all the steel frame parts on the procross and replace with titanium. Actually make the whole sled titanium! Ace the electronic gimmick BS shocks and give me full blown racing shocks. Charge me $30k, I’ll be happy
:)

Prolly only sell 50 of them.... but hey there would be 50 guys out there with
HUGE SMILES!

Point being- you can’t make everybody happy

PS. the Phazer engine is total garbage performance wise. Please don’t advocate it’s use in anything other than a youth sled.
You had me happy till the last sentence. Dead wrong.

Yes.. the riding forward position on the pro cross is way more comfy than the delta box with your knee's below your hips plus your line of sight is much better when your being towed, gives you a much clearer view of the Apexes snow flap.

You had me happy till the last sentence. Dead wrong.

I’m thinking old Phazer my bad, your thinking 500 four stroke Phazer. Yes it’s basically an R1/apex motor cut in half

Last edited:
Yea small turbocharger on that biatch, 150hp pump gas monster.....but leave it in a phaser chassis. Not enough power for a procross and after the turbo it would weigh about the same as an N/A viper.

I am not singling out just the delta box. All older sleds seem so awkward now that we have ridden something better
And for us folks with bad backs not only is it awkward it’s incredibly uncomfortable. I can now enjoy much longer rides again and not be in pain at the end of the day or in traction the next. We had a guy in our group who was running an 01 mxz 700 real nice sled but we rode the first day the next morning we were in Cloverland in ironwood when it opened. He got himself a nice ski doo 1200 and can go all day. It’s just crazy the difference in the rider forward positioning. The first time I got on one it felt awkward but after getting comfortable in the saddle I won’t look back

Ya no doubt the older stuff is faster on the trail 2000-2002 srx is even better than the old viper(not your big souped up model clutchmaster)but I'm way to old and fat to try and ride those things anymore. 20/80 I have no problem showing any 180 hp( isn't that what they claim)Apex my Vipers snow flap.

Ya no doubt the older stuff is faster on the trail 2000-2002 srx is even better than the old viper(not your big souped up model clutchmaster)but I'm way to old and fat to try and ride those things anymore. 20/80 I have no problem showing any 180 hp( isn't that what they claim)Apex my Vipers snow flap.
Well... thank you... in all honesty if you like the rider forward most new machines today have that position so it is a easy pick, those that like the more sit down or in the middle of the road position these machines are getting harder to find, I like the rider forward position to where I am tall but the middle of the road seating on my Apex is pretty good with a stretch every now and then, I think no matter what sled your on if you are on the older side your butt still gets sore by days end.

The old viper will out handle a new viper on smooth trails
And there is the problem. Not all trails are smooth. That Old Viper and SRX were back breakers when the going got rough. I can remember riding an SRX on some trails that were glass. It handled awesome. Then the groomer turned around. Ouch.
The fastest sled through the woods on SMOOTH trails I ever had was my 96 ZR 580. That thing was a slot car.

Back on topic. Even though I'm not a fan of two strokes I think that a 400cc high performance single based on half the 800 engine would be a price-point sled and very light with 75-80hp.
Don't really see the logic in a 300cc single as the hp would be about 20 less. Not enough even for todays younger riders.

I’m thinking old Phazer my bad, your thinking 500 four stroke Phazer. Yes it’s basically an R1/apex motor cut in half

I was a bit concerned there- I was thinking to myself "does dude think I was referring to the 480 hair dryer??" :rofl:

And I am well aware about the low inventory meaning "bad" for the consumer- I also believe that if you're trying to be a cheap fook in this sport you best just kick rocks- it won't get cheaper. Quality isn't cheap. Bunch of clowns getting bent out of shape because you gotta spend 16k on a sled but will go out and piss away 60k+ on a damn pickup truck, trailer, and I won't even get into the overpriced 'Merica bikes. FOH

The customer is DEAD last when it comes to manufacturing- it's stakeholders are numero uno- the R&D money was already spent- they have 4 fantastic engines available that are very capable. This is what there is going to be- and I assure you- the same 15 dudes that hate the hybrids are not even a drop in the bucket of 1,000s of units sold a year.

Ask the 15 Doo guys that want a hyper 4 stroke with a turbo that would dethrone their 850. They don't care.

I'm done- back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Back