• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need help SW down again losing coolant 550 miles - *FIXED* fingers crossed

Diagnostic report the dealer sent to yamaha on Friday. Info I'm sure not many people have seen before and what they are monitoring in the ECU.
2020-02-10 22.52.53.jpg
2020-02-10 22.52.38.jpg
2020-02-10 22.52.24.jpg
2020-02-10 22.52.09.jpg
2020-02-10 22.51.56.jpg

No more news, Yamaha stopped calling dealer and dealer can't figure out what to do next. I call Yamaha they say have the dealer call the tech line, the dealer says the tech say they are working on it and will call them back. Days go by...

Disappointed with this purchase. I'm going to make it all stock and sell with a 4 year warranty over the summer. I can't take the downtime. The apex spoiled me with reliability in both the turbo and SC on tap. It was faster and lighter and only broke when I caused it. Really unfortunate. This was my first brand new sled and I was looking forward to it!

No more news, Yamaha stopped calling dealer and dealer can't figure out what to do next. I call Yamaha they say have the dealer call the tech line, the dealer says the tech say they are working on it and will call them back. Days go by...

Disappointed with this purchase. I'm going to make it all stock and sell with a 4 year warranty over the summer. I can't take the downtime. The apex spoiled me with reliability in both the turbo and SC on tap. It was faster and lighter and only broke when I caused it. Really unfortunate. This was my first brand new sled and I was looking forward to it!

I’m sorry for you, you have been a faithful Yamaha guy forever! Heck I remember reading your posts back in the 2 stroke days on totallyamaha! Piss poor direction that Yamaha has taken is loosing customers. I will guarantee any of those top brass at yamaha, if put in your shoes, would be demanding a brand new vehicle as a replacement. They act as if our time means nothing. You have lost almost 2 seasons now and at our age that’s huge!
You deserve better treatment especially after all the people you have helped over the years with yamaha issues.
Yet they won’t even give you a new engine!

Sorry, I hope it gets resolved soon!

Last edited:
They have not and are not being fair with you!
2 freaking years of riding time missed and they drag their feet on your sled!
Dam, all they had to do is swap engines, come on Man!

Really sorry to hear how you're being treated. Have you ever thought of messaging Jarett the North American Yamaha snowmobile product manager that's a member here?

Time, the season and life is short. It might be worth a shot.

I have an idea, what if we do a go fund me to have you crush the thing with a dozer or a backhoe and put it all over the internet for all to see. Maybe then Yamaha will take notice! $10 donation from just over 1000 people ought to do it, hey whatever it takes. After all it is a two or three year sled by now. LOL!

There are times I'd like to do that with mine when it fights you, run the damn thing over with a dozer and lets send a message to Yamaha!

I have an idea, what if we do a go fund me to have you crush the thing with a dozer or a backhoe and put it all over the internet for all to see. Maybe then Yamaha will take notice! $10 donation from just over 1000 people ought to do it, hey whatever it takes. After all it is a two or three year sled by now. LOL!

There are times I'd like to do that with mine when it fights you, run the damn thing over with a dozer and lets send a message to Yamaha!

I’m in!
Just tell me where 2 send my $20

You guys are awesome!! I would love to run it over!! Here is the tech messages from my dealer to Yamaha. You see they are just as frustrated with Yamaha. I don’t care if this is politically incorrect I'm posting here to 1 exonerate my dealer, and 2 see what people think about this response from an almost billion dollar company.
D4E1143E-C561-49B7-B4FC-3290AB0C863D.jpeg

Not cool on Brian's end. He's a liar. Just unreal.

It's time for something drastic and media worthy. No engines my azzz.

You guys are awesome!! I would love to run it over!! Here is the tech messages from my dealer to Yamaha. You see they are just as frustrated with Yamaha. I don’t care if this is politically incorrect I'm posting here to 1 exonerate my dealer, and 2 see what people think about this response from an almost billion dollar company. View attachment 153115

Totally BS
This is why there’s a lemon law. Get your money back before it’s too late.
Fu€k Yamaha, they are not the same company anymore.

Call a lawyer before it’s too late.

I’m in for the go fund me thing for Kinger! Let’s send it to Yamaha too and make them realize that they are so inconsiderate and wrong on this one!!

This is hurting Yamaha a lot more than a couple thousand dollars for a motor.
(That’s what it costs to actually make one, not retail)
Thousands of people will read this and they have lost sales worth a lot more than an engine replacement already, I guarantee that!

This is absolutely ridiculous.....Mach Z here we come!

Back