• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need help SW down again losing coolant 550 miles - *FIXED* fingers crossed

So my question is....does the dealer have any qualms that it was flashed? Does Yamaha know it was flashed? If so have they made anything of that?

Obviously this does not appear that is what caused the issue. Just wondering if because it was flashed, if either party is holding that over your head?

So my question is....does the dealer have any qualms that it was flashed? Does Yamaha know it was flashed? If so have they made anything of that?

Obviously this does not appear that is what caused the issue. Just wondering if because it was flashed, if either party is holding that over your head?
No word about that.

I will donate and we could use Tannerite at my place if that’s your final straw.

They know it was flashed by the high maximum rpm.

Not related to the SWer, but there's an Apex engine on eBay right now for $1k. It really sucks to hear about your new sled, but it's been clear for awhile now that Yamaha doesn't give 2shits about their snowmobile customers. Sad. I'd also donate to see that lemon crushed into lemonade

Its crazy, Yamaha should be bending over backwards to take care of sled owners. Yamaha has such a huge product line, they only benefit by having people loyal to the Yamaha brand, but it seems they like to dick people around over things that cost them very little. You are better off buying a low mile used unit vs a brand new one from Yamaha.

Dealer put dye in the coolant pressurized it and it immediately went into the oil. Now to figure out where its coming from exactly on Monday.
Kinger doesn't your dealer have a sled to lend you for at least a few dam rides!! I wouldn't blame you if you jumped to a doo next time around!! All this bs must make you pretty sour!!!

I’m done with new Yamaha’s for sure. Im going build another custom modified, weight balanced, custom tunnel, compound boost, motec run Apex from frame up this summer. They just work for me and my style of riding. This build will be special and the culmination of what was in my head before I bought the Winder. I just want my sled for next week but looks like Ill be on a 600 Doo a friend is borrowing me.

Last edited:
I’m done with new Yamaha’s for sure. Im going build another custom modified, weight balanced, custom tunnel, compound boost, motec run Apex from frame up this summer. They just work for me and my style of riding. This build will be special and the culmination of what was in my head before I bought the Winder. I just want my sled for next week but looks like Ill be on a 600 Doo a friend is borrowing me.

Please post your build as you go!!! Would love to follow the build from start to finish!!!

When you get things straightened out with your winder it will treat you well!!!

Last edited:

Back