• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

JRE Sports?

? you must have been doing something different on your particular setup for it to be too low and cause issues. The instructions are very clear on front and rear shock set-up.

Not surprisingly and as you already know Yamaha recently re-released the SRX. My buddy has one in his garage, very sweet!!!
Its front ride height is 1/4" lower than my Nytro and over 1/2" lower than my Phazer w/JRE spindles.

? you must have been doing something different on your particular setup for it to be too low and cause issues. The instructions are very clear on front and rear shock set-up.

Not surprisingly and as you already know Yamaha recently re-released the SRX. My buddy has one in his garage, very sweet!!!
Its front ride height is 1/4" lower than my Nytro and over 1/2" lower than my Phazer w/JRE spindles.
Not willing to give up travel so ditched them. SRX is low with same travel. Designed right.

Thought i remember when looking them up that u were suppost to use longer shocks along with them so u kept same ride height with increased travel. Guess even with longer shock u would have to check the compressed length, may still have the same problem. Glad i seen this as i have a set i have yet to put on, dont really want it that low when bottomed out, i will be giving the 2x4 test also when i get around to trying them.

When i had them on my Nytro XTX, the thing would corner harder than any sled i had ever owned on fresh groomed trails. But when it got rough or the snow started to build up the short comings became too much. Belly pan bottoming, overheating from the snow not being able to exit the front of the tunnel and hard steering. At that point i wasnt about to "try" air shocks to help it further. Traded it for an Apex

Cannnondale,
You actually gain travel with the JRE setup. up to 1.5" depending on if you choose to run your stock shocks or upgrade to higher performance stuff. More travel than stock and lower center of gravity.....The stock GYTR shocks are WAY too softly valved and sprung to work at speed or in the bumps, probably the issue Stain was having.

Cannnondale,
You actually gain travel with the JRE setup. up to 1.5" depending on if you choose to run your stock shocks or upgrade to higher performance stuff. More travel than stock and lower center of gravity.....The stock GYTR shocks are WAY too softly valved and sprung to work at speed or in the bumps, probably the issue Stain was having.

I have a 09 Phazer RTX. If I install those on. Do I have to change my front Fox Float? If I pump them up more, the ride will be harsher?

My spindle bushing have a lots of play and I am afraid that the spindle have been affected by the wear.

Shockwave,
I use Fox on both my Phazer and Nytro with JRE spindles, works great. The cool thing about Fox shox is you can adjust ride height with your air pressure w/out spending money on different springs. Your correct in stating that more air will stiff-fen ride but not much. For instance if you add 10 psi to the shock to increase travel and want the ride to be similar to the lower pressure adjust the compression and rebound knobs to softer settings to compensate.

Shockwave,
I use Fox on both my Phazer and Nytro with JRE spindles, works great. The cool thing about Fox shox is you can adjust ride height with your air pressure w/out spending money on different springs. Your correct in stating that more air will stiff-fen ride but not much. For instance if you add 10 psi to the shock to increase travel and want the ride to be similar to the lower pressure adjust the compression and rebound knobs to softer settings to compensate.

I juste got plain Fox Float, no compression or rebond damping knobs to be adjusted. Looks like a kool set up. Do you have a picture of your Phazer?

You will still be able to achieve a BIG improvement in stability and performance. At least you dont have the GYTR's, in stock form they are the worst. Try to find a pic of the Phazer, hard to add photos on this forum, always says file is too large.

You will still be able to achieve a BIG improvement in stability and performance. At least you dont have the GYTR's, in stock form they are the worst. Try to find a pic of the Phazer, hard to add photos on this forum, always says file is too large.

I agree with you that is hard to add pics on this forum. Even if you have just a link, that would do it. I am very curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks

Cannnondale,
You dont gain travel when your sled hits the ground. Will NEVER be a setup like that on my Phazer. So dont try to convince me. Find the pics I posted here. It is what it is.

You dont gain travel when your sled hits the ground. Will NEVER be a setup like that on my Phazer. So dont try to convince me. Find the pics I posted here. It is what it is.

Good points about hitting the ground if you are lowering the front end and adding more travel. I am presently doing some researched on the web and I cant find much about JRE. I tried to find user with a JRE set up and not much come up. I hope that my spindle are not oval.

Got this shot of my Nytro to upload, Phazer has the same front end. Basically stock ride height and about 1.25" more travel with 18.25" "extended" shock length. With stock Fox or GYTR you would increase air pressure and or preload to gain extra travel and bring sled back up to stock ride height. The two guys complaining obviously didnt read the instructions :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_114825259.jpg
    IMG_20180218_114825259.jpg
    985.1 KB · Views: 95

Back