• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

JRE Sports?

I was told AFTER my purchase that maybe I would need Fox floats to make the kit work. At that point I was not going to dump more money into that front end. Plus I hate floats, I have tried them, I think they suck. On top of that I am not going to increase spring( Hygear dual rates ) preload from what I considered optimal setting for ride just to make the kit work.

Got this shot of my Nytro to upload, Phazer has the same front end. Basically stock ride height and about 1.25" more travel with 18.25" "extended" shock length. With stock Fox or GYTR you would increase air pressure and or preload to gain extra travel and bring sled back up to stock ride height. The two guys complaining obviously didnt read the instructions :)
The reason they jack it up is out of hope you won’t use all the STOCK travel and hit the ground! Many guys never ride hard enough to use all travel. I do. Wtf are you selling these. You need to step back an do some simple math. You are wrong.

Got this shot of my Nytro to upload, Phazer has the same front end. Basically stock ride height and about 1.25" more travel with 18.25" "extended" shock length. With stock Fox or GYTR you would increase air pressure and or preload to gain extra travel and bring sled back up to stock ride height. The two guys complaining obviously didnt read the instructions :)

I must admit that look like a great set-up. Like Cannondale said. Does it happen that hit the ground when compresses at full travel? What shock set up do you have on your Phazer?

Dont want to start a feud, not worth it IMHO.
I can say this set up for me has been steller, have been riding this setup since 2012. Would have sold both my four strokes w/out it.

I ride very aggressively and have rarely touched the belly pan. What I found early on is the stock GYTR shocks bottom out before the belly touch's, sometimes so violently that you might think its the belly touching, these hard shock "bottom outs" are what bends the sub-frames.

When I was using the regular floats I was running around 70-75psi

Last edited:
Dont want to start a feud, not worth it IMHO.
I can say this set up for me has been steller, have been riding this setup since 2012. Would have sold both my four strokes w/out it.

I ride very aggressively and have rarely touched the belly pan. What I found early on is the stock GYTR shocks bottom out before the belly touch's, sometimes so violently that you might think its the belly touching, these hard shock "bottom outs" are what bends the sub-frames.

When I was using the regular floats I was running around 70-75psi

Thanks for your reply, I will look at it this summer. I don't want to start any feud also. I just want to fix a problem on my sled that I just purchase.

I am changing the tread. I am looking at what you recommendation for psi (70/75). I am currently running 95psi in my Float, Is this too much?

Your air pressure depends alot on you and how you ride, your the best person to determine that adjustment. Experiment with pressures and see what works best for you, and remember you need to have the ski off the ground when you adjust pressure. Something to keep in mind, C.O.G is very high on Phazer/Nytro. This is one of the causes of the tippy darty handling. The more air pressure the higher the C.O.G

Your air pressure depends alot on you and how you ride, your the best person to determine that adjustment. Experiment with pressures and see what works best for you, and remember you need to have the ski off the ground when you adjust pressure. Something to keep in mind, C.O.G is very high on Phazer/Nytro. This is one of the causes of the tippy darty handling. The more air pressure the higher the C.O.G

Thanks for your tips. I sent my sled to Star Suspension yesterday. The 4 shocks will be custom tune and calibrated for my riding style and my weight. That will sort out my setup.

Last edited:

Back