• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looks like yamaha/cat improved the driveshaft/bearing fit!!!!

Are the driveshaft/bearing issue for the ones who rode MY2021 now behind? Didn't see much complaining this winter. Perhaps its to early still?

I doubt many have tore apart their 21's yet. IMO it needs reengineered, which has not been done. Don't expect much if any change from Cat/Textron.

Unless they were to make the shaft an interference fit, it will not do much good, the bearing is going to spin on the shaft. If they made it an interference fit the bearing would not go on or come off the shaft without a puller. I had a nice tight fit and it still wanted to spin. I'm just hopeful the BOP wedge is doing its job like intended.

82A65E99-EE06-4914-9B1C-C6338BAB0B00.jpeg

BRAND new 2021 CAT 8000 with 180 miles. You think they fixed it????? NOT. This sled went from dealer to Michigan for 180 miles. I never touched anything on the sled except carbides........
:dead: How many pics do they need to see?

I will say that you cant get an accurate reading using a caliper on the bearing ID..your 1.770 is bigger than what your caliper reads!!You need a bore mic or cmm
Bigger then what my caliper reads??? Please explain?lol
I am a millwright/machinist for over 20 years...
Please explain how how my measurements are off?

you cant measure a rounded feature with a flat edge caliper unless your tolerance is wide open..bearing tolerances are too tight for a caliper being it measures accurately to .001

Just replaced my shaft and the shaft was not a slip fit. Shaft could have been better fit. 7000 mile

Attachments

• 6B12F8EB-C4DB-4E94-ABC6-912D645850C5.jpeg
    6B12F8EB-C4DB-4E94-ABC6-912D645850C5.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 161
  • E9B28A56-91EA-4572-ACAC-3238FC85B3AC.jpeg
    E9B28A56-91EA-4572-ACAC-3238FC85B3AC.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 175
you cant measure a rounded feature with a flat edge caliper unless your tolerance is wide open..bearing tolerances are too tight for a caliper being it measures accurately to .

Not sure if you ever used a vernier caliper before but they have knife edges for measuring!!
Take a closer look at my pic!! My caliper has knife edges and reads accurately .lol

Last edited:
I doubt Yamaha would just Rev bump the shaft dim/tolerances especially on a part with known issues. Much easier to track when assigned a new part number. If the part number is the same then chances are nothing has changed on the dim/tol callouts on the part.

What shocks me is the ONLY fix is the BOP wedge? I do not mean in a negative way, as its a great product and works.. Guess its hard to believe another speed shop or someone has not come out with a bearing with a locking collar, etc. Just blows my mind Cat wont come up with a fix!!!! WHY? No way it costs that much to make it right.. Its not money no way! Its as if they want these things to break down and fail? Dealer gets work? Well then at least HAVE SOME fu&*ing parts in stock to fix the #*$&@ you wont with a better design? this includes chaincase

Inner chaincases for these are nowhere to be found at the moment. Lots of parts out of stock for the season, but the season is staring to wind down.

Inner chaincases for these are nowhere to be found at the moment. Lots of parts out of stock for the season, but the season is staring to wind down.
6 weeks or more for old vector limiter straps!! Crazy. A friend had his secondary rollers break on his beloved 2014 Ski Doo Renegade....had to get used ones from Hudons sled salvage. Not just Yamaha parts in short supply.

6 weeks or more for old vector limiter straps!! Crazy. A friend had his secondary rollers break on his beloved 2014 Ski Doo Renegade....had to get used ones from Hudons sled salvage. Not just Yamaha parts in short supply.
Ya,I needed some yamaha limiter straps too, but I just ordered some from one of my suppliers and then cut and drilled as needed.

Back