• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looks like yamaha/cat improved the driveshaft/bearing fit!!!!

I just repacked that bearing, had 8000km on it and it was still nice and smooth, just lacking a bit of grease. No play at all. I have an 18’

2 2021 srx's just rolled 6000km on them haven't looked but no issues yet. End of the season I'll take a look and see if either are spinning on the shaft. If they are spinning yamaha can fix it.

Ya,I needed some yamaha limiter straps too, but I just ordered some from one of my suppliers and then cut and drilled as needed.
Son in law found some conveyor belt from one of their old balers...lol.

I just repacked that bearing, had 8000km on it and it was still nice and smooth, just lacking a bit of grease. No play at all. I have an 18’
I do mine every year, and prick punch the fit. Seasons gonna be done here next week, so probably do it then and see how it held up this season. 3400 miles (total on sled), so far been ok, and bearing is like new.

my '21 been spinning on the shaft since 200 miles....it can wait till end of season for warranty change

What shocks me is the ONLY fix is the BOP wedge? I do not mean in a negative way, as its a great product and works.. Guess its hard to believe another speed shop or someone has not come out with a bearing with a locking collar, etc. Just blows my mind Cat wont come up with a fix!!!! WHY? No way it costs that much to make it right.. Its not money no way! Its as if they want these things to break down and fail? Dealer gets work? Well then at least HAVE SOME fu&*ing parts in stock to fix the #*$&@ you wont with a better design? this includes chaincase
Frank’s Yamaha in Essex junction vt has a different fix. It is what I will do next year during my tear down

Shaft spray welded to a tighter tolerance , pin installed and bearing notched for the pin. Comes as a package. I have installed one on a viper.

Shaft spray welded to a tighter tolerance , pin installed and bearing notched for the pin. Comes as a package. I have installed one on a viper.

Is this something they are offering for non-local customers? In other words, can we place an order for it and have the parts shipped to us?

I've used flame spraying on shafts in the past. The surface becomes harder than the original material. Very cool technology.

Frank’s Yamaha in Essex junction vt has a different fix. It is what I will do next year during my tear down
I had Franks repair my shaft with a updated bearing and do all the chain case up dates.piece of mind.You can send your shaft to him and he will recondition it as pictured ,and send you a better bearing than stock with the inner race slotted.phone 802-878-3930 ask for Kamran the Service Advisor,Also pictured is the chain case top gear offered by a vendor on this site,or offered through the B.O.P. Site

Attachments

• 055D3A0B-7CDC-4C19-AF52-D753D5050E5A.png
    055D3A0B-7CDC-4C19-AF52-D753D5050E5A.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 04F3E852-1C4C-4CFF-884F-459404BD3A50.jpeg
    04F3E852-1C4C-4CFF-884F-459404BD3A50.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Barn of parts sells many of the needed chain case updates,the DMC top gear super bushing (50 % more surface area than stock)and upgraded brass shifting forks,dealer did a tack weld on the chain tentioner screws,replaced the factory RTV seal with Travis’s rubber gasket at the oil tank flange,and just ordered a R.O.V.bypass kit to permanently eliminate the chance of oil tank pressurization due to a frozen valve

Barn of parts sells many of the needed chain case updates,the DMC top gear super bushing (50 % more surface area than stock)and upgraded brass shifting forks,dealer did a tack weld on the chain tentioner screws,replaced the factory RTV seal with Travis’s rubber gasket at the oil tank flange,and just ordered a R.O.V.bypass kit to permanently eliminate the chance of oil tank pressurization due to a frozen valve
Ok.
I thought u were talking about factory updates....:)

Did mine prior to last season.
It was my choice, to have the dealer just give me the parts after he pressed the clogs off and back on the new shaft.
I had heard from someone, that they had done that and even with being particular with both bearing and new shaft, they were still .007 diff between the two.

Mine was a tight fit. Putting it on by hand was not easy, and taking it off after was even worse. But I took my time and wiggled for minutes, and it finally came! Not at all like the video BOP had, showing him slipping the bearing on to a new cog shaft, and simply turning the shaft sideways and watching the bearing simply fall off.

Changed mine out on warranty at 5500 miles, and I had just dimpled the shaft and re-greased the bearing hoping for a couple more seasons, but some on here talked me into just changing it out whereas it was warrantied.

This will be my second season on the new shaft and bearing. Next falls maintenance will tell.
I just used loctite and do have the BOP simple DIY puller template. Have bought many different things thru BOP in the past years. He’s great.

Back