• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

TurboJamie said:
We have found the LTX SE to be extremely effected by the pre load on the center track shock, even 2 turns up or down from the ideal location and it completely changes the entire handling of the sled. I find the LTX to be extremely stiff, even on the lowest spring setting, a linq fuel can hanging at the back of the tunnel and a linq tunnel bag full of stuff, myself at 220 geared up and the thing doesn't even move when I get on it. My renegade sags a couple inches at least with the springs on #3. I find the ltx to buck you off the seat all the time, it never feels like its soaking up the bumps it takes them and doesn't bottom but feels like a snow x sled to me. Fronts at 65 psi seems to be the magic number.

My experience exactly. But it looks like most guys on here like that. It ether they have never been introduced to a good riding suspension or just trying to justify their purchase, that's the way I see it.

It seems that yahama does have this sled set up on the heavy side with a couple adjustment made out side the box it makes a huge difference not saying that you dont need to revalve the shocks or you dont need to get different rear springs but is does help I am 44 of age 20 at heart riding is my thing rode yesterday with my wife and with some 23 year olds wanted to go riding to day but they all in bed sore and tried except wife she ready to go and to people saying this is bad ride or because they boughrt a 12000 $ sled its going to be perfect out of the box well its not going to happen we are all different and thats a good thing Have bought alot of new sleds and not one was perfect always made it to way i like it and have sold them all and will sell this one also just the way it is Dont matter what you ride as long as you ride

So what adjustment is this for??
Rmk s have it.
And obviously yamacats.

Attachments

• IMG_20140209_094848_008-1.jpg
    IMG_20140209_094848_008-1.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 318
Some cats came with skid in that front hole. They also had the whole rear arm lower. I don't think you can do the forward hole without moving rear arm you also may run out of track tension. Give it a try though.

Just rode 2100 km,s in quebec. Mixed trail conditions. Softest setting rear spring. Tightened down front limiter strap 1 notch. Front shocks 65lbs. I am 210 lbs. did not bottom anything out. Next I will soften rear shocks.

Hope this helps

Need to compare. Thanks Matt! Also installed better wiper in hope of keeping water out of seals which makes them stick. This is a real issue with wiper they have stock.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Anyone here know what happened to Matt? Not responding to PM's and no phone calls. Would like to hear how the Carver setup worked on his LTX but really concerned something happened to him.

No complaints here, much better than my Apex and Nytro ride....

Turbo 137 cat guy could not believe the difference the revalve made. Very happy. Looks like Carver got the 137's right also.

Back