• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

Not sure I would want to ditch bang with a 998

I am thinking Cat will turn the Boost up a bit on the 998 not because they have to but because they can. Tell me, when was the last time Poo's top model was faster than Cat's.....I know I had a lot less gray hair and more of it!

I jumped off a frozen plow bank in the middle of a lake going 90 mph once. I spent two weeks in the hospital, had three surgeries and 8 months on crutches. It was a blast!
Yeah there is a difference between doing a 20-30mph jump and something above 50-60.

Lakes and light conditions always worry me. Especially in groups with snow dust.

You need a bright green ditch pickle for that!!!
That's what juniors sled is for, but we are still waiting on parts after I hit a deer in February. Last they said it would be June-July.

Attachments

• PXL_20220427_172015406_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    PXL_20220427_172015406_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 105
  • PXL_20220427_172031795_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    PXL_20220427_172031795_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 99
This thread was about how DOO bragged about being "First Across Lake" and they FAILED to back it up.
Somehow we Devolved into who's BEEFED up sled can win at the track at a specific distance cuz they don't "race" under "blankety blank" conditions unless they have SuperGoldTippedExtraDiggerHammerChisels and BLAH BLAH BLAH

Then we turned it into a POO POO thread.
OK, it's worth talking about. I applaud Polaris. NO bad comes out of this.

Here's Life:
2 boys buy a sled from a dealer like 90% do and leave it stock.
One pulls up to the other & gooses it, teasing boy #1
They both goose it then let off like a "mating ritual" on the Galapagos islands.
Then they both PIN it to see who's king.
A) the Initial Outburst/Thrust
B) the Pull to 100
C) OVER 100

I can tell you this: All things equal
The SideWinder wins C
The 2-stokes take A
The 900R takes B

I know a lot of guys don't want to believe it, but i have 5700 miles of proof.

The Turbo POO is an interesting subject for many reasons.
The NA 850 was very quick & fun.
The Turbo losses some of that snap. Not as fun anymore.
My buds' NA 850 had trouble with gas so he had to turn it on "ETHANOL MODE" losing some power.
I assume the Turbo will be even MORE FINICKY.
For $22,000, i hope they don't disappoint.
I paid $13,150 for my R so there was NO way it could disappoint.

I think the biggest subject is "When will Polaris Turbo the 4-Stroke" or "What 4-Stroke will Polaris Turbo"
Let's face REALITY: A Turbo 2-Stroke may be fast & may be cool, but us 4-Stroke guys WON'T go back to a 2-Stroke!!!!!!

Polaris turbo next year most likely
4 stroke none the less
Looses over 100. 2 examples of 2 strokes I’ve owned that would mph well over 100. Firecat and cfr are 1000 stock. My cfr ran 122 mph in 1320 stock (unless reshimmed primary and weights make it not stock)and then it would snap a belt in half because the belt you had to run on those was long and it would drive itself out of the primary at full shift.
Many turbo cat guys I know are buying poo turbo but a lot have two strokes and turbos currently so I guess not 4 stroke or bust guys.
The poo turbo is not for everyone and neither is the winder or the mach. It’s great we all have choices and can shoes based on our own likings.
My argument was a stock 998 isn’t really fast! It’s not because once you have owned a tuned one it really isn’t.
The other argument is I personally got sick of waiting for cat. They don’t address simple issues let alone large such as their drive train. Skidoo and poo seem to be more proactive.
Cat comes with something new and interesting I’ll buy one.
I think the boost will be closest sled to a b and c to date but hey, I’ve been wrong before and we will see.

Ya, I am not buying a stock (175hp) cfr1000 run 122 in 1320. Got it on video?

Just a radar gun. You are entitled to believe whatever you want.

When the Cat 1000 two stroke came out, I can understand that GPS may not have been widely available, but in todays world of GPS, why use radar guns.

Back