• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

I would prefer a thin flat fiber washer i think. As the O-ring just gets crushed out(even tho its quite small) and will likely not hold up overtime. But will see what happens.

Dan

I tried the O ring method as well. They ended up squishing out the sides. Flat fiber washer is the ticket I would think.

Dan,

Thanks for the part number, I'll keep that in mind about putting you gloves on the stay warm when stopping.

Hope you guys get lots of snow in Ontario soon.

We just got 10", then some rain, than really cold. Hopefully this will finally give us our base, than snow almost every day for the next 10 days!!

Fred

I tried the O ring method as well. They ended up squishing out the sides. Flat fiber washer is the ticket I would think.
Yes for sure.....

I really think the noise might be combination of harmonics of the triple and the weights rattling at idle.

I was checking the clutch and the weights are loose in there when sitting, and would bet at idle there is not enough side pressure on them to keep them from rattling.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the part number, I'll keep that in mind about putting you gloves on the stay warm when stopping.

Hope you guys get lots of snow in Ontario soon.

We just got 10", then some rain, than really cold. Hopefully this will finally give us our base, than snow almost every day for the next 10 days!!

Fred

We have had a solid base all winter, we lost alot but never lost the base. Its just solid ice pretty much tho. I have never seen a winter thaw like this that messed us up for so long. The early below norm temps froze up much of Georgian bay early, and so the lake effect got cut off. And we have been missed by most system snow for last 3 weeks. Grrrrrr

Snowing now finally, but who knows if we will even get the forecast 4" :o|

Dan

BOP Seat Knob(Seat screw replacement)

This is one of those things I really did not need, but now that I got it....It just looks great. I really like this look.

I found that when opening the stock tool/tunnel bag to max, the bag would press against the sharp metal clip below the stock screw, and this can easily damage the tool bag. With the large knob from BOP, this helps to avoid this from happening.

And of course most importantly, if you ever need to get at battery to get a jump ect, you can remove seat quickly/easily without a tool.

Thanks Travis! http://www.barnofparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7693606

Dan

seat screw.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG

BOP Seat Knob(Seat screw replacement)

This is one of those things I really did not need, but now that I got it....It just looks great. I really like this look.

I found that when opening the stock tool/tunnel bag to max, the bag would press against the sharp metal clip below the stock screw, and this can easily damage the tool bag. With the large knob from BOP, this helps to avoid this from happening.

And of course most importantly, if you ever need to get at battery to get a jump ect, you can remove seat quickly/easily without a tool.

Thanks Travis! http://www.barnofparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7693606

Dan

View attachment 137293 View attachment 137294 View attachment 137295 View attachment 137296
I like it Dan. Also it makes it a lot easier for some admirer to make it his and no longer yours. :rofl: I haven't heard of any Winder seats being hijacked but I know of a few Doo guys who ended up sitting on their fuel tanks for a few miles because someone really liked their X pkg seats.

I like it Dan. Also it makes it a lot easier for some admirer to make it his and no longer yours. :rofl: I haven't heard of any Winder seats being hijacked but I know of a few Doo guys who ended up sitting on their fuel tanks for a few miles because someone really liked their X pkg seats.

Luckily I have not seen that type of thing in our areas....as you know there are plenty of items that can be removed alot easier and faster then a seat.

For me it just looks better then that raw bracket and screw, that cuts into my tunnel bag everytime I open it. That just sucks.

Luckily I have not seen that type of thing in our areas....as you know there are plenty of items that can be removed alot easier and faster then a seat.

For me it just looks better then that raw bracket and screw, that cuts into my tunnel bag everytime I open it. That just sucks.
It definitely gives it a nice finished look and I like that its big enough so you can get a good hold of it. After 35 years of working with my hands and all the pain in my thumbs and fingers I like big knobs.

Hey Dan

Did you ever get around to installing the BOP throttle? Is so how was the install and more importantly how does it work?

Thanks

Hey Dan

Did you ever get around to installing the BOP throttle? Is so how was the install and more importantly how does it work?

Thanks
Yes.....

Anyone can bookmark this build thread(page 1) use this address for boomark: https://ty4stroke.com/threads/my-rtx-le-50th-build-thread-let-the-mods-begin.149801/

And EVERYTHING I do, Im adding to the original post(OP) and I am including Quick Links to that OP and I have a DATE in red at the very top of the most recent update, then you just scroll down to the subject you want to look at and click the quick link.

And yes I love the Japan Throttle from BOP! ;)

Dan

Last edited:
Got some trails miles on yesterday with the Tune. Been a battle for decent snow and trails for the past 2 weeks locally so we trailered just a few minutes up the hwy where the trails were much better for the day.

All I can say is Holy Crap, trail riding a 270r Hurricane tune is a friggin blast! My CAI and BOV have that very slick Chirp sound when letting off after hammering it(corner to corner) and it really sounds good, not overly loud or annoying like the cat was. And would have to turn down my JAMS to hear it, so its perfect.

So incredible to look down and know you're only at 3/4 throttle and see 110GPS speeds, and then hammer down and literally lift the skis at that speed as you fly up/past 120 mark in a second or two....this is the part ive been missing since my last turbo.

The Hurricane Race maps are sick....What I had last season was not even remotely close in snap or power, the recent clutching I added is just about bang on(first try) and works so well, shift is like it should be, thank you Dale, your products are always top notch and I should have known to just stick with them. Once you have HP the clutching becomes Easy peezy.

Just a few short clips and a few pics....It was a very cold day again(Hi minus 21) so I was running BRP muffs and was not pulling out phone all that often in these temps.

Sundridge, South River, Port Loring(Ontario) region....just a tad north of me but they have more snow due to the last thaw not getting to them as bad.

Dan

Pics....
Port loring1c.jpg
IMG_1434c.jpg
IMG_1440c.jpg
IMG_1441c.jpg
IMG_1442c.jpg
IMG_1443c.jpg
IMG_1447c.jpg
IMG_1448c.jpg
IMG_1459c.jpg
IMG_1463c.jpg
IMG_1465c.jpg
IMG_1470c.jpg
IMG_1471c.jpg

Video Clips...

Skidoo mirror mod. Just a personal touch.

View attachment 137489
I found I was wanting to get mine out farther for best viewing, and tricky to get them angled close enough to allow the adjustment to be in range.

Have you rode with those yet? I have a feeling you might not get much but your arm/shoulder in view.

Let me know how they work out ;)

Back