• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

Why would you be changing your belt? I thought they just blew and you threw out the pieces? :rofl:
Not me ,this is for those without an adj and need to change a belt .And yes ,the spinegrinder does make a mess when a belt blows .

I know ya posted it somewhere in this thread, but I can’t find it. What’s the details on that phone holder. I bought a garmin aqua box that seals up great...but I have to open it every time I want to use the touch screen. Pretty annoying

Gap Flasher with Hurricane 240r, 270r, 290r - 'Jukebox'

Got my clutching all squared away and got to get some test runs in using the Live Data via GAP FLASHER App and my iPhone mounted with my case setup. All of this worked incredibly well! I used the fairly recent iOS 11 feature(screenshot recording) to capture a couple of the runs. This allows me to go back and look at my run frame by frame anytime in a video form which aids in clutching among many other things. Video capture below.

My initial test today with new clutching was just about spot on where I wanted things first try. I can't say enough about Dalton components and how perfectly my engine RPMs thru the shift curve with this setup. I will post more details on clutch setup with pics in a follow up post very soon.

Watch these 3 videos in order....as this was how I went about it today.

Short description below above each specific video. -Dan

Just a short video of the GAP flasher APP on my iPhone X. There are more parameters in the app, and lots more to do on initial setup but this is basically showing the live data aspect of the GAP flasher with my Hurricane maps, also known as "jukebox".

This is my first test run using the Live Data in the GAP Flasher app. My iPhone X/app connects via BT to the flasher and is mounted to a RAM mount on the riser as shown in previous video. This is two back to back 2400 to 2500ft test runs with 240r HP map first , then 270r HP map. Sitting tall and not even tucking down, as this was just a test, and the raw power is simply incredible! I did not hold it WOT for more then 1500 ft or so, as I rolled into it as seen on live data capture. Hurricane tunes using GAPs Jukebox. This is an iPhone screenshot recording so obviously no sound. Watch carefully the 4 parameters I have set for RPMS, SPEED, (IAT)Intake Air Temp, and BOOST. Also watch after first run where I open jukebox and swap instantly to 270r map......Knock protection blipped after approx 2300ft total run on 270r map which was expected on the fuel in the sled currently. For the purpose of this video capture, I set the phone/case vertically(Portrait).

Some observations after first few runs using the live data with iPhone through the GAP FLasher app.....also new clutching impressions and some early GPS speeds. Not 100% sure where the APP gets it's top speed from, I assume the speedo but I could be wrong. Will be asking Dave this question soon. GPS doesn't lie though and all that really matters.
Great post Dan!

Hey Dan did you have to cut a hole in your side panel so the belt adjuster would fit? :rofl: Man that thing sticks out some.
LOL, yeah i did a quick check with a mirror and it does come right up close to the foam on side panel once closed....Maybe abit goofy looking on length outward but sure works well.

Dan

Really nice find on utilizing skidoo mirror on Procross guards. Found one I had leftover. Putting it on tomorrow.

Thanks boss!

I know ya posted it somewhere in this thread, but I can’t find it. What’s the details on that phone holder. I bought a garmin aqua box that seals up great...but I have to open it every time I want to use the touch screen. Pretty annoying

Hey Brother....thanks for bringing this up. I never got around to posting my CASE info in this thread, I did post up some info in another thread awhile back when I was researching cases and ordering. Here is some info and pics. ;)

iPhone X case for Live Data

The Arkon cases are very sturdy and have a nice mount system, I converted mine to a RAM 1" ball. Very inexpensive too. This model fits my iPX well....I don't run mine full time but easily could im sure, its tough. Only for testing and radaring on the lake really. The touch screen does work thru the plastic case but not quite as good obviously as normally does.

Be aware Arkon makes several diff sizes and thicknesses for diff phone sizes. So choose the correct case for your phone.

Lots of pics below....RAM mount allows me to run it horizontally or vertically. And as you know GAP app works either orientation just fine, but when I went to do a 'screen capture' recording it only worked vertically which is just a iOS thing.

Items below to mount phone to sled
-Ram 1'' Ball w/stud(at riser)
-Ram 1'' Ball Arkon attachment(at case)
-Ram Short arm
-Arkon Case

Dan

RAM BALL part number which mounts on a stud to riser
IMG_0303.JPG

This is the RAM BALL ARKON attachment which slides into the ARKON case as shown

http://www.arkon.com/mm5/merchant.m...duct_Code=APRM2T-ram-mount-ball-arkon-adapter
IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0367.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
Phone mount.jpg
Phone mount2.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love RAM mounts, what a great product!

So, I removed my "google bag" as it seems this will aid in venting this hot sled, I have no metal grate like Dan shows on his initial posts, just a hole. I think a grate is a good idea to keep things from falling into the hole left by the google bag. Does anyone know if this is an OEM product or where you can buy it?

Thnaks,

Fred

PS..another (3 in a row) crappy winter in PA. Can't wait until the end of Febrile and 2 weeks in Quebec.

So, I removed my "google bag" as it seems this will aid in venting this hot sled, I have no metal grate like Dan shows on his initial posts, just a hole. I think a grate is a good idea to keep things from falling into the hole left by the google bag. Does anyone know if this is an OEM product or where you can buy it?

Thnaks,

Fred

PS..another (3 in a row) crappy winter in PA. Can't wait until the end of Febrile and 2 weeks in Quebec.
You should have gotten one with your sled, it's oem.

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

Thnaks,

Fred

I assume you meant "goggle bag?" asking since you wrote it twice.

50th models come with a goggle bag. I saw mine there when I was looking sled over to pick up, My dealer quickly grabbed a VENT off another sled on the floor for me, as he knows Im all about the cooling.

Just 'micro-fiche' it....any other model should have a vent that is not a 50th.

I always lay my gloves there when yakking trailside, and even 30 mins later will be cooking warm when i put them back on.

Cant imagine being into sledding when living that far south, wow. Its depressing even here these last few winters....its a dying sport with climate change folks.

Dan

Hey, Dan.....
Does your parking brake work with Procross handguards? I can't seem to extend the lever over enough? Check it out???

Yes, damn, I wrote "google" instead on "goggle" twice, my bad. Old age stetting in???

I'll try and find the OEM VENTS as per Dan

Fred

PS-I'm old enough to have actually used micro-fiche. LOL (great joke BTW)

We have had some decent winters here in SW PA.. We have a 150 mile groomed trail system at 3000' elevation. We actually get LES from Lake Erie and average about 150" snow/year. Check out the "Laurel Highlands Snowmobile Club" website (via micro-fiche). If we have snow it is at time very good riding here since we're at elevation. About 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh (Go Steelers) PA

Yes, damn, I wrote "google" instead on "goggle" twice, my bad. Old age stetting in???

I'll try and find the OEM VENTS as per Dan

Fred

PS-I'm old enough to have actually used micro-fiche. LOL (great joke BTW)

We have had some decent winters here in SW PA.. We have a 150 mile groomed trail system at 3000' elevation. We actually get LES from Lake Erie and average about 150" snow/year. Check out the "Laurel Highlands Snowmobile Club" website (via micro-fiche). If we have snow it is at time very good riding here since we're at elevation. About 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh (Go Steelers) PA

Next couple weeks are looking good coming up at least cold temps....Lets hope the snow comes!

I looked up the vent part number for ya brother...;)

Dan

Vent.jpg

Back