• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

Do you have a link to your transfer mod? I can't seem to find it in your list...

Thanks

DMC

Do you have a link to your transfer mod? I can't seem to find it in your list...

Thanks

DMC
That is because I have not posted my transfer mod yet...LOL

The reason I have not done so, is I want to put it through several hundred hard miles first. I was on the fence about doing this, as I was concerned about strength.

So far, after a massive trail pounding Sunday on a few UN-Open trails, All looks fine.

I will give it a few more weeks and post it.

Dan

Here is one....137 though, looks to have enough cutout on bottom rear edge to fit in. Might consider the UpNorth tech bracket instead.

View attachment 144586

View attachment 144585

Here are the pics of the Stackable + Sport on my 129", there's about 1/4in of clearance to the tail light and it squishes the factory bag a bit but I'm ok with that. This is with the low profile brackets like what you got, not the easiest to measure to ensure I cleared the tail light so went a bit further away just to make sure.

y4mktYOvu7Q46UnZSCWgHX9h__ObPZEyc_AoH7Xjv2hdI45Ew5vWjoRcwbd0KtKqx17HVo_lSj0fnYOQcSW4bqszUjtnbVUgZ8YLfSjGd8Q9ClcOzIQ588WgQFHza_IrERRfrMj6QkHu_yeah7GSeu25WB4yLoxwA4UFxaElpT81Jy3usa_A7BoyCM2sQCn4tYm9-5AfxcXC4GErA2azasLSw

y4mqUIn_PQASsHsGtrsFtL8VWlsf7FafI72nNkR3w6x--rnIhhdiqObJ1uTCz8ylaxOg68VZw4QZQxncEaik-yAJkjYFaXDo2kfPbSV2GSNuaQCSnqjzTX-Sl1uz_0RZ4BtLhZ2o82UOOPJQBRqKgF7pa_Ifk2Why5N2YqCcd4KXaexyAfp3FfW_OZLbrpyzx_MXGXVVE4omtKlckZn82THXQ

y4mYavObPYsC0eXCr22NJJlpQS-MNzwuhN_5hNNaBmtPMqZqmeSQ8BkxL3jsmpNNz6EQW2UiY3Vd-2Iq2ehGOp-FU0u2yf5Wu6ChnlOGXXw3Dk9XSgQY2YzYVcqdJy6qf7E2CUpS1zDfPk4gVXODpgMXQNY3yCRMJF8UEzBw0z77I0vMQOYqVf2_iY4F0e4mESH9aTgQYYsQcuLXX1YBGQI_g

Yeah tight fit for sure eh? Looks great though.

My riding buddy has exact same setup(but on his doo) so I wont need to get a caddy for our trips. As long as we have one caddy on our group is fine.

Yeah the 137 tunnel for the extra tunnel length does come in handy. But for how I have my 129 setup/working and handling....I really love it. And sure hope YAM brings the RTX back for next yr, as I will have a hard time going to 137 if I decide to trade up.

great work!
Dan

Yeah tight fit for sure eh? Looks great though.

My riding buddy has exact same setup(but on his doo) so I wont need to get a caddy for our trips. As long as we have one caddy on our group is fine.

Yeah the 137 tunnel for the extra tunnel length does come in handy. But for how I have my 129 setup/working and handling....I really love it. And sure hope YAM brings the RTX back for next yr, as I will have a hard time going to 137 if I decide to trade up.

great work!
Dan

Yeah I'm the same way not sure I could go to a 137", also I have a 10' single enclosed snowmobile trailer and the 129 JUST fits with like 1 inch of clearance so I would need a new trailer. I can't even keep the Medium shield on it as it's too tall for inside the trailer lol but it's so easy to tow and move around.

After spending all this $$ on modding this sled, even worse for you, I would have a hard time changing it out unless to a newer model where I could transfer the bulk of the mods over. Going to something like a 900Ace turbo if they came out with a MXZX would be appealing to me but so much lost $$$ :O

I agree 100%. Only other sled Im keeping tabs on is the 900t. Mostly due to its weight, agility and reliability/more peace of mine for big miles/trips....and clutching looks good/belt life.

But it would be VERY hard to drop back in power from this 998 which I do love. And so I will be hoping for a SRX 129'' with some of the issues improved upon for '20. That would allow me to swap some mods over to it.

I will say, the flasher is able to be swapped over to the BRP with just a new dongle needed, so that is something at least.

Dan

I agree 100%. Only other sled Im keeping tabs on is the 900t. Mostly due to its weight, agility and reliability/more peace of mine for big miles/trips....and clutching looks good/belt life.

But it would be VERY hard to drop back in power from this 998 which I do love. And so I will be hoping for a SRX 129'' with some of the issues improved upon for '20. That would allow me to swap some mods over to it.

I will say, the flasher is able to be swapped over to the BRP with just a new dongle needed, so that is something at least.

Dan
Yes a 129" SRX would be sweet as well for sure! I would have to drive a tuned 900T but I would imagine in the tight trails it still feels really strong. On a lake not as much as the Winder but that's minor for me.

I wish we could round up some guys who have the different sleds and go for a ride and all try each others machines, I would love to try the 850 Doo/Polaris and the 900T as well, maybe a 137" Winder or even a Cat to see how it's like with the Team clutch.

Yes a 129" SRX would be sweet as well for sure! I would have to drive a tuned 900T but I would imagine in the tight trails it still feels really strong. On a lake not as much as the Winder but that's minor for me.

I wish we could round up some guys who have the different sleds and go for a ride and all try each others machines, I would love to try the 850 Doo/Polaris and the 900T as well, maybe a 137" Winder or even a Cat to see how it's like with the Team clutch.

Yeah for Muskoka and my very local trails in particular, the 2s is king. But we have all the big lakes too, and for Qc trips the Winder is just too much fun. We have a 850, and 600r both G4s in our group, and also one bud just bought a new 900t which we hope to get out with this weekend. I swap often with my buds 600r, and its such a blast around local trails and massive moguls, its so so light and ultra light steering when comparing to my Winder.

Very anxious to try the 900t tho.....I believe it will be alot of fun corner to corner, but not enough for me on the lakes and big trails, as Im used to my 270 tune. Impossible to deny the power as there is nothing close, other then a cat 9000 on same tune lol.

The 850 does really well for tight trails, but the whole 2s thing for me is just not where I want to be anymore, i've blown all my 2s up eventually, and smelling/carrying oil on trips just sucks. No more ending up on tow rope for me. lol....But they are sure alot of fun, make you feel like a 16 yr old kid riding the 2s. Super flickable. I believe the 900t will be close in handling, as I had a 1200xs I enjoyed. But the power just wont be there, so I really hope YAM brings back the RTX and lots of new updates, so I can swap up to a newer 998 and keep my big power.

Dan

Dalton WHITE Secondary spring: DPSS-W(Made for Cats)

Im testing this spring now. Aiming for more engine braking, better backshift, and even better belt grip. Will be testing this to see how it compares to my last setup with B/O at 90.

I have started at 9/1 for tension backpressure. It breaks at approx 24lbs w/my fish scale.

I will keep you all posted. Lots of secondary spring info below....

SEE my next post for RESULTS:

Dan

DPSS-W White Secondary (.207 wire, same torsion as AC Green)

RATES(lbs): 98 lbs/165 lbs
http://www.daltonindustries.com/product_detail.php?product_id=36

Per Dale:
The first compression load test at a yamaha test height (64mm is close to 2.5" cat test) is 98 lbs (45kg) , ...the39mm yamaha test height would have the Dalton Cat White at approx 159 which is around 73kg for a direct comparison.

If you put those numbers into the compression columns of the Dalton Yamaha chart. it shows you this spring in relation for side pressure.

For "torsion", the Dalton White cat spring is around 11 kg at 9-1 setting

-------------------------------------------------

Rates(kg) Direct comparison to B/O
Dalton White(Cat)- 45kg/73kg
Dalton Bk/Orange- 31kg/52kg

Cat Secondary springs & Dalton(YAM) Black Orange comparison(lbs & kg conversion)
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 7.02.36 PM.png

Yamaha Stock Secondary springs & Dalton(YAM) Secondary spring rates(kg)
fullsizeoutput_911.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg
IMG_4068.jpg
IMG_4070.jpg
IMG_4071.jpg
IMG_4072.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg

Last edited:
Dan,i am going to try that cat white on my stm 38 I now are running,do you think it will work ok at the same twist 9-1 you have? Or should I twist it more?Oh ya,this is on the ultimax 825 belt,not the 8dn or 8jp.

Dalton WHITE Secondary spring: DPSS-W(Made for Cats)

Im testing this spring now. Aiming for more engine braking, better backshift, and even better belt grip. Will be testing this to see how it compares to my last setup with B/O at 90.

I have started at 9/1 for tension backpressure. It breaks at approx 24lbs w/my fish scale.

I will keep you all posted. Lots of secondary spring info below....

Dan

The White spring, set at 9/1 with Ultimax belt was a much too hot setup for my liking on longer hauls. I could not hold hand on secondary without burning it. So Ive backed the white down to 6/3 now, and the heat is much more tolerable. Its still warmer then my B/O at 9/1 tho.

Will run it another weekend here with this 6/3 white setup.

Dan

Chain Tensioner Roller Screws

I have posted in a separate thread, showing the roller screws coming loose causing me catastrophic failure. Ultimately ruining a trip and getting towed.

Thread here(ALL PICS OF ENTIRE INSTALL OF NEW CHAINCASE): Tensioner Roller FAIL

To avoid this, here is a SIMPLE CHEAP QUICK fix. When you have chaincase open, remove your tensioner/roller and have the two screws tack welded, be careful to keep the tacks small, so the rear tack does not rub/wedge against the rear of case(You can grind down the tacks if too large, so they dont rub).

I installed a brand new tensioner(warranteed) and before, I ground off a small section of paint on each side(screw/tensioner) to allow the tack weld to have a good connection.

Here is how it looks when tacked.

Dan

img_4271-jpg.146040

img_4318-jpg.146180

Dan does the part come with the roller? Was thinking to just pick up another to have tacked and ready once I pull it apart for lube change and cleaning.

Dan does the part come with the roller? Was thinking to just pick up another to have tacked and ready once I pull it apart for lube change and cleaning.
The part number i've shown is called the 'Holder'.

It all comes put together, and supposedly has loctite. But I dont trust it.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I'm just going to buy one and tack it and have it ready to install when I tear the chain case apart and then I will tack the original after I switch them out.

Back