• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RTX LE 50th BUILD THREAD-ROCKERDAN

That is interesting...Funny cause It looked like reflectors were additional on fiche, and I could care less as I like them without. And can always add black reflective which looks nicer then the yellow....

But to my surprise, they came on there already.

Yeah the blue will look nice on blue models for sure, like SRX.

Dan
What’s the black reflective tape look like

What’s the black reflective tape look like
You can get reflective tape in many many colors. A simple google search for me brought up a ton of colors. Black is one but in my case of red bodywork, a red tape would be more pleasing to the eye, Albeit not correct for certain laws. Yellow should be located on front of vehicle and red on rear.

Im not that worried about the look of mine, and glad YAM sent mine already installed.

Dan

s-l300.jpg

hi_intensity1.jpg

Hey @ROCKERDAN are you still using the Short 10+3L Tunnel bag or have you switched to something else? I have a 129" also and I want to add a bag for the odd overnight trip. I do like the idea of putting the stackable gas tank on for those trips that are required because leaving that on all the time sure doesn't look great as it's huge! I have the same style brackets as you as well so likely wouldn't fit anyways and when riding here in Ontario it's uncommon I would think to not encounter gas within 200km.

Just trying to decide which bag would be best.

Hey @ROCKERDAN are you still using the Short 10+3L Tunnel bag or have you switched to something else? I have a 129" also and I want to add a bag for the odd overnight trip. I do like the idea of putting the stackable gas tank on for those trips that are required because leaving that on all the time sure doesn't look great as it's huge! I have the same style brackets as you as well so likely wouldn't fit anyways and when riding here in Ontario it's uncommon I would think to not encounter gas within 200km.

Just trying to decide which bag would be best.
Yep same LinQ setup. Works well on the 129.

This year the new LinQ Sport bag looks nice, similar shape as mine so it will fit well on 129. I would definitely get the stackable fuel caddy and put LinQ sport bag on top then, for touring. I know between Amos and Matagami in Northern Qc it gets tight there for distance. Just priced the stackable and its over $200cad! Typical BRP rip off on accessories.

Dan

Last edited:

This year the new LinQ Sport bag looks nice, similar shape as mine so it will fit well on 129. I would definitely get the stackable fuel caddy and out LinQ sport bag on top then, for touring. I know between Amos and Matagami in Northern Qc it gets tight there for distance. Just priced the stackable and its over $200cad! Typical BRP rip off on accessories.

Dan
Dan, after a bit of a fuel scare last night (Smooth Rock Falls had no more 91) ........we made it back to Cochrane on fumes so I'm thinking I will do the stackable for those longer runs just for piece of mind. Just wish it wasn't so freaking much $$$ and that Sport Bag looks great but $205 +$210 +tax woof!!

Last edited:
Hay JayM, we are in Cochrane too. Red and white SW and red and white Viper. Staying at the WestWay. Think we saw you at the warm up shack between SRF and Cochrane! Cam back from Kap today 155kms and I still had 1/3 tank when I got back to Cochrane. You must have really been on it?

This year the new LinQ Sport bag looks nice, similar shape as mine so it will fit well on 129. I would definitely get the stackable fuel caddy and out LinQ sport bag on top then, for touring. I know between Amos and Matagami in Northern Qc it gets tight there for distance. Just priced the stackable and its over $200cad! Typical BRP rip off on accessories.

Dan
Just stopped by the local BRP dealer and nothing was advertised but picked up the stackable fuel + LINQ Sport bag with no tax. Pretty good as I haven't been able to find any deals at all.

Now if my brackets would sip that would be swell!

Wow there is really no room, either lift the brackets, remove factory bag or move the tail light back....... I will prob start a thread or find a previous one for insights.

LOL, did you not see all my pics? Mine is a RTX with LinQ setup....

Dan
Yeah I did see but I didn't see yours with the Stackable Fuel Caddy but I might have to have another look. If it was just the Sport Bag it would fit well. Like you I didn't want the big adapter mount so I ordered just the aluminum brackets like you have but from a different place. In hindsight the taller mounting would have worked better I guess.

I took the Factory bag off and put in some Rivnuts so I can re-install, man those Rivnuts are handy lol, I will mount the fuel caddy with bag off as far back and closest to tail light as possible then will re-install stock bag and squish fuel caddy in place. Just waiting on my Linq brackets to get here.

Back